BitPesa (www.bitpesa.co) is a cutting-edge online payment platform that leverages Blockchain settlement to significantly lower the cost and increase the speed of business payments to, from and within sub-Saharan Africa. BitPesa’s clients range from African businesses and multinational companies paying suppliers as far as China and Dubai to international remittance companies using our API services for white-label payments to dozens of bank networks and mobile money operators across Nigeria, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Senegal, and the DRC.
Our diverse team of 45 employees spans across Nairobi, Lagos, Dakar, London and Luxembourg and includes former employees of Barclays, Credit Suisse, Wells Fargo, Moneygram, Deloitte Consulting, and PwC. We have raised nearly $10 million in funding from institutional investors including Greycroft Partners, Draper Associates, Pantera Capital, and Digital Currency Group.
Job Title: Head Of Anglophone West Africa Sales
Our company values are Teamwork, Excellence, Flexibility/Creativity, Integrity, and Passion.
The Head of Anglophone West Africa Sales is responsible for managing BitPesas sales operations in Nigeria and Ghana. This is an exciting opportunity to help take Africas leading digital F/X company to the next level. Were looking for someone who is comfortable in a dynamic, growing startup, equally comfortable networking with Executives as analyzing sales metrics.
· Ensure that new clients are won who trade large volumes at target margins. Ensure that total client portfolio grows while being diversified, stable and profitable.
· Recruit, train, manage, and retain a team of Sales Managers/Associates and Account Managers/Associates
· Reduce key-man risk and ensuring there is a team approach to winning and growing our portfolio of clients.
· Set an example of leadership, disciplined work, and cooperative team culture.
· Conduct Regional Market Analysis & Design Approach
o Set annual sales goals that ensure growth, diversity and stability while maintaining steady margin
· Set Regional Targets and Individual Team targets
· Target, Win & Manage Largest Regional Accounts
o Actively source, qualify, and win new clients at the highest level themselves
o Actively participate in weekly Global Sales team calls about progress and problem-solving
· Monitor Performance within team
o Be open and communicative with regional teams about progress and problem-solving (via Slack daily and constantly with regional team)
o Keep CRM up to date and set example for Sales Managers and Sales Associates on excellent lead and process management to clearly identify status and success during sales process
· Coach & Assist Team for Efficient Execution
o Train and support junior team members to actively source, qualify, and win new clients
· Represent Company at Regional Conferences and Events
· University Degree, ideally in Sales or Marketing
· At least 5 years experience in financial services sales and marketing, ideally in payments/money transfer, e-money, mobile money
· At least 5 years experience in managing a business development/sales team
· Experience living or working in sub-Saharan Africa
· Excellent interpersonal, communications, public speaking, and presentation skills
· Willingness to be based in Lagos with travel around sub-Saharan Africa
· Compensation will be based on level of experience with opportunity to earn sales bonuses