HARPS Marine and Logistics Services Limited (MLS) has been awarded 5 months contracts for MLS Saratu and MLS Alexie to provide services to the KH-A1 Accommodation Crane Barge owned by a Nigerian subcontractor of Chevron Nigeria. The work scope is to provide anchor handling support to the KH-A1 barge, as well as standby duties to the barge and other surfers working on the field. The work field is located on Chevron Escravos Field in Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Superintendent
The position of the Technical Superintendent will be reporting to Operations (Ops) Manager and will be in charge of technical operations of the vessels including but not limited to:
- Overseeing day to day technical supervision of the OSV and other marine vessel fleet; dealing with routine and non-routine maintenance and repair (M & R)
- Assist in the preparation, implementation and maintenance of vessel’s contingency plans
- Assist in the periodical review of the HSSEQ Management System
- Liaise with the vessel’s technical matters and supervise sub-contractors (if any) working on the company’s vessels and equipment.
- Liaise with the Ops Manager on marine matters.
- Track and close out non-conformities where required and reported in a timely manner
- Assist in the investigation of accidents and incidents (where required), formulate reports and provide corrective actions as appropriate
- Prepare vessels for annual, intermediate and special surveys conducted by Class
- Preparing Dry Dock Repair specifications and to carry out the docking in a timely and cost effective way
- Prepare fleet annual budget in liaison with Ops Manager
- Monitoring vessel condition and ships staff compliance with company management policies, international, state and local regulations through regular ship inspections
- Attend vessels to conduct technical inspections, OVID’s
- Implementing Planned Maintenance System on-board the vessels and regular follow up to ensure quality of maintenance carried out
- Assist in troubleshooting day-to-day technical issues arising on-board and provide comprehensive feedback to Ops Manager
- Liaise with Flag State Authorities and Classification Societies
- Participate in recruitment interviews and briefing of junior engineer officers and verify the work of Chief Engineer and engine officers
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online