Workshop Controller Job at a Logistics & Transport Firm
Adexen Recruitment Agency is mandated by one of its clients a product handling organisation incorporated to provide value added Logistics and distribution service through the Supply Chain from source to destination, to fill the position below:
Job Title: Workshop Controller
Job Reference: 1398
Industry: Logistics & Transport
Function: Supply chain
- Performs supervisory duties in the service, maintenance and upkeep of the company’s fleet of trucks.
- Efficiently manage the Company’s fleet of trucks by ensuring that asset under direct supervision are maintain and kept in good working condition at all times to consistently meet clients’ requirements.
- Assists in the development of the Fleet management budget to include a review of past year expenses and income; adjusts and administers all Fleet purchases, including parts, tools, office supplies.
- Maintains a complete inventory system through recording of all expenditures and income of each vehicle, maintenance equipment gasoline, repair parts, supplies, etc.
- Implements and monitors a preventative maintenance program to assure cost effective maintenance and a scheduled maintenance program to provide maintenance by manufacturers specifications.
- Monitors user units (DFG and F&C) by analysis of vehicle and equipment utilization and evaluation of equipment specifications.
- Examines reports for accuracy on each vehicle and piece of equipment repaired; writes reports on vehicles and equipment repaired.
- Checks all repair work performed in company’s Support workshop for completeness. This includes physical inspections and road tests before vehicle is turned back to user departments.
- Ensure clear communications are maintained between team members, operations team, finance team, HSSEQ team, line management and vendors.
Health & Safety Responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance with all health, safety and security regulations and policies.
- Ensure that adequate and effective risk assessments are undertaken and regularly reviewed.
- Liaise with HSSEQ on any health, safety or security problem which you cannot resolve.
- Responsible for the health, safety and welfare of all staff under direct management and expected to contribute to the health and safety of all personnel in the overall business unit.
- Comply with health and safety procedures and instructions.
- Manage staff in line with the company’s Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Manage performance of team members and ensure performance objectives are set in line with the company’s performance management policies and procedures.
- Ensure fleet officers undertake training in line with individual personal development plans
- Ensure effective supervision of team members is maintained at all times and particularly with new or inexperienced people.
- Bachelor’s degree or an associate’s degree in mechanical or automobile engineering, or any other related field of study.
- 5 – 8 years of experience of working as a maintenance supervisor or workshop controller/engineer/ manager.
- Ability to manage, monitor & review performance standards in order to meet targets.
- Ability to develop and manage cohesive teams and contribute positively to effective team working.
- Possessing effective communication skills, together with influencing and negotiation skills.
- Competent ICT skills including Microsoft Office.
- Effective organizational skills.
- Able to produce risk assessments.
- Results orientated with the ability to balance competing demands.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online