Advocacy and Events Assistant Job at HarvestPlus
HarvestPlus on behalf of the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture seeks suitable Nigerian for the position below at its country office in Ibadan:
Job Title: Advocacy and Events Assistant
Location: Ibadan, Oyo
Contract: National (1-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things perform the following duties:
- Assist in Planning and monitoring advocacy strategy and plans in line with HarvestPlus vision, mission, core values and objectives
- Assist in Identify, engage and strengthen relationships with advocates across all sectors
- Secure participation in relevant technical working groups at national and state levels
- Engage with programme staff to identify high priority needs requiring advocacy focus and intervention
- Participate in the planning and execution of all programme and advocacy events ensuring adherence to standards and event objectives
- Assist with event management and post event evaluation analysis against targets objectives.
- Asist in providing support to partners in planning, execution of advocacy or programme events in their various locations
- Asist in developing and deliver policy products – talking points, policy papers, briefings, letters etc, and ensure that policy messages are in line with HarvestPlus global positions and strategic priorities and grounded in programme realities
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with potential partners and stakeholders by establishing strategic contacts from external events and professional networks
- Work closely with the communications specialist to support policy analysis and information into media and social media products
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor
- OND in Mass Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, or related discipline with minimum of four years relevant experience performing similar role.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Experience in running advocacy campaigns, strategic and advocacy planning, advocacy message development, civil society/coalition organisation and management
- Interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity to effectively interact with all levels of staff, policy makers, local and international partners including donor organisations
- Experience of successfully planning and delivering corporate events.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Outlook applications.
- High degree of motivation, initiative, independence, reliability, adaptability, and professional maturity.
- Excellent oral and written communication, interpersonal, presentation, social skills.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Deadline: 3rd April, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should complete the online application attaching detailed Cover letter and Curriculum Vitae saved with their names in Microsoft word format. The application must include the names and e-mail addresses of three professional referees which must include the applicant’s current or previous direct Supervisor, professional colleague and evidence of current remuneration package.
Click here to apply online
Click here for more information (PDF)
Note: IITA is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from female candidates.