At Air Peace Limited, we continuously strive for excellence in all we do. Through our people we are able to attain higher heights because their unique strengths and experiences help us turn challenges into opportunities. We employ the best talent and provide a great opportunity and environment for them to display their best skills in a service driven environment.
We are looking for people to join our ever growing team. We require talent who are as excited as we are to help build a world class Airline flying out of Africa, to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Quality and Safety Auditor
Reports to: The Quality and Safety Manager
- The Quality and Safety Auditor reports to the Quality and Safety Manager and is responsible for the review, development and performing internal audit procedures and preparing internal audit reports reflecting the results of the work performed.
- The Quality and Safety Auditor ensures that organizational processes and the goods and services comply with the requirements of APL standards.
Minimum Education and Work Experience
- Must have a knowledge, skills and work experience appropriate for the areas of the management system and operations that will be audited.
- Must have knowledge of Nig. CARs
- Must have experience to conduct audit and evaluation against IOSA standards.
- Must have a minimum of 3 years aviation working experience in relevant operational areas.
- Degree in Engineering or Social Sciences
- Must maintain appropriate level of auditor training.
- Must complete initial and continuing auditor training.
- Auditor shall receive periodic evaluation against objective measures
Competencies and Key Requirement:
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Health & Safety Awareness
- Excellent Creativity & Innovative skills
- High level of personal credibility
- Result oriented
- Safety management
- Ability to cope under pressure
Key Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- The Quality and Safety Auditor works with the Quality and Safety Manager to develop, implement, monitor and manage the company’s compliance with internal control requirements.
- Works with the Quality and Safety Manager to develop corrective action plans.
- Works with the Quality and Safety Manager in the development of audit schedules to ensure compliance with relevant regulatory and APL requirements.
- The Quality and Safety Auditors carry out follow up action to the assigned audit in timely manner and report it to the Quality and Safety Manager.
- Preparation of audit checklists based on previous audit experiences. All audits should be conducted in accordance with the Operations Quality Manual, and audit procedures are based on ISO 9001 and ISO 19011 standards.
- Quality and Safety Audit will be required to assist the Quality and Safety Manager in convening regular management reviews, for the purposes of periodically assessing Quality System/ Flight
- Operations process performance.
- Assist in process mapping, defining and developing procedures/ documentation.
- Carries out these audits and inspections as a fully qualified Flight Operations Auditor, responsible.
- Report all findings to Quality and Safety Manager through the Quality inspector, Maintenance or
- Operation and copying the Head of Auditee Department/Section.
- Liaise with the departmental/sectional head on pending corrective actions.
- Auditors shall monitor the implementation and the development of the remedial actions with coordination of the Quality inspector on behalf of the Quality and Safety Manager.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Complete sufficient audit and safety work to provide an opinion on the key risk areas identified for APL.
- Percentage of audits completed by the target date (from scoping meeting to issue of draft report)
- Average Number (s) of issues reported each month.
- Average number of days to resolve issues.