Hamilton Lloyd and Associates – Our client is one of Nigeria’s leading Oil and Gas Company. Due to internal expansion and re-structuring, they are looking to hire suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Manager – QHSE
Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
- The Assistant Manager-QHSE shall be responsible for coordinating the implementation and maintenance of the company’s quality management system.
- He/she shall administer and improve the company’s QHSE programs in accordance with recognized international standards.
- The incumbent will coordinate the identification, assessment and mitigation of all risks to the company’s business.
- He /she shall ensure radiation safety and compliance with the Nigerian Nuclear Regulatory Authority regulations and the conditions of Radiation Safety License.
- Developing, revising, implementing and improving the company QHSE Procedures.
- Maintaining an inventory of all radio-isotopes in the company premises and limiting the quantity of radio nuclides to the quantity allowed by the NNRA license.
- Overseeing proper delivery and receipt and conducting radiation surveys on all shipments of radioactive materials arriving at or leaving the company premises.
- Instituting, communicating and managing STOP WORK authority for all activities hazardous to health and safety, the environment or company’s corporate image.
- Planning and managing all emergency recovery activities and decontamination programmes across the company’s operations.
- Planning and verifying the adherence of the company to all client quality requirements.
- Coordinating all Quality related correspondences with clients.
- Actioning and closing all customer Quality complaints.
- Managing the development and performance of the QHSE team.
- Managing the company’s risk mitigation programmes in liaison with all Heads of Departments across the company and projects.
- Upgrading, as may be required, and implementing company’s Quality management system, and ensuring continued compliance with ISO9001:2015 Standard.
- Performing QA role for the company.
- Tracking and documenting company QHSE performances; and reviewing them to ensure that company QHSE targets are achieved.
- Publicizing annual safety management performances and milestone achievements.
- Coordinating company’s HAZID operations, and all internal and external QHSE audits in the company.
- Planning and monitoring of security management programmes for the company’s operations and projects.
- Improving the level of awareness and conformance to QHSE and Security standards by staff through effective trainings and communication.
- Ensuring compliance with rules and regulations, license conditions and conditions of project approvals as authorized by the Nigeria Nuclear Regulatory Authority (NNRA).
- Mentoring the QHSE team.
- A degree in related discipline from a good school
- Valid Quality Management and HSE courses.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in the Oil and Gas industry, of which must have been at a Supervisory level.
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001 Standards.
- Demonstrable ability to implement and supervise a Quality and HSE Management systems.
- Very sound written, communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent coordination and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct audits and analysis; formulate and recommend ways and measures to reduce or eliminate accidents, health hazards and damage to life and property.
- Computer literate and capability to manage company’s QHSE databases.
- Ability to plan and implement testing and certification of project equipment.
- A team player.
- Quick thinker and quick to respond to any emergency.
- Customer service oriented.
- Excellent leadership skills
- Proven knowledge of internal/external quality audit processes.
- Relationship management
- Problem solving and analysis
- Change management
- Personal organization
Deadline: 16th March, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: email@example.com kindly make the subject of the mail the Job Title.
Note: Only successful candidates will be contacted.