British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice – whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: EHS Risk & Performance Coordinator
Job number: 21449BR
Appointment Type: Permanent
- Minimum of five years’ proven track record in EHS management
- Engineering Degree/Diploma in Natural or Environmental Sciences
- NEBOSH Certificate level in Health & Safety or equivalent
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Competent in computer skills and the use of the Company’s standard software packages.
- Effective communication skills to communicate and influence personnel at all levels in the company.
- Change management skills
Job Purpose and Key Deliverables
- British American Tobacco has an exciting opportunity for an EHS Risk & Performance Coordinator to join our team in Lagos
- To protect people, equipment, brands and the reputation of the British American Tobacco West African Area business, Processes must operate effectively and efficiently to ensure adherence to legislation, the BAT Global Risk Management Standards and local policy guidelines.
- The Environmental, Health and Safety Department have established requirement to provide operational risk management support across its Demand and Supply Chain locations in West Africa.
- The EHS Risk & Performance Coordinator will provide full time environmental health and safety support to commercial EHS team in ensuring that all practices follow regulatory requirements and BAT Environmental health and safety policies & guidelines.
- Monitor changes to local regulations and global standards and monitor compliance across the area.
- To support identification and implementation of relevant EHS training, develop a plan and monitor implementation to ensure employees and contractors are empowered with the right competence to discharge their duties and responsibilities.
- The job holder will also be assisting in the assessment and implementation of the overall BAT WAA Risk Assessment process across the business.
- This role impacts on sales volumes focusing on EHS risk management standards in TM&D activities and Cooperate head office of WAA.
- The role operates in multiple locations across Nigeria and WAM as well as interacting with Safety Teams across the area and global EHS
- The role includes ensuring compliance with diverse regulatory standards within WAA.
- Lead and Support the EHS activities across Nigeria’s commercial and WAM business to ensure they embed and sustain a culture of Compliance to all the BAT Risk management standards including legal compliance
- Embed BAT Policies and Standards in all locations in Nigeria and WAM, including training required at the various locations
- Document and investigate accidents and incidents which occur in commercial and monitor the implementation of corrective actions
- Prepare and maintain required EHS statistics and key performance indicators for review, report and update the dashboard accordingly
- Coordinate the effective, accurate and timely global EHS reporting for the Area as required by the EHS global council
- Maintain and update as needed Safe Operating Procedures for all task and activities and utilize them in the day to day training of employees and contractors
- Conducting site reviews/inspections and job safety analysis/hazard assessments to determine if environmental health and safety standards are being met
- Ensuring that standard are maintained in the specification for procurement of vehicles, personal protective and safety equipment.
- Lead EHS management initiatives through sites leadership teams to ensure they are entrenched across all locations
- Manage Team Based Risk Assessments and the process conduct training for those involved
- Conducting incident investigations to determine root cause(s) and contributory factors; the reporting of findings to BAT’s management and suggestions for follow-up actions aimed at preventing a reoccurrence
- Conduct and coordinate training sessions for employees, contractors and visitors when required by, or as applicable toward, company operations and needs.
- Provides direction to local EH&S champions across the area
- Provide daily guidance and direction in EHS programs at the employee / supervisor level to ensure a common and effective approach
- Maintain good relationship with all EHS related government agencies and bodies both local and international: – E.g. FMEnv., OSMEnv, Departmental Safety Reps, First Aid team, Fire Marshals, EHS Tech. Reps. etc.
Deadline: 5th April, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online