British American Tobacco is all about freedom of choice – whether it’s our people or our products. Combined with our entrepreneurial spirit, it’s what’s driven our phenomenal success. We started trading tobacco over a hundred years ago. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar company with more than 200 brands in our portfolio. With robust positions in each of our regional markets, our future looks equally bright too.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Supply Chain Security Manager
Job number: 20802BR
Appointment type: Permanent
Job Purpose and Key Deliverables
- British American Tobacco has an exciting opportunity for a Supply Chain Manager to join our team in Ibadan.
- The purpose of the role is to advice, coordinate and implement action plans on a range of security issues with respect to WAA Primary and Secondary Supply Chain Security, Ports Operations, Security of Logistics Routes and Warehouse Operations.
- The general security operations of Cured Leaf shipments to GLT, Packed Leaf, Finished goods, raw materials, Diesel supplies and reporting of all transports issues in the movement of the above and company information security are also the primary areas of responsibility for this role.
- Ability to make swift, balanced decisions in emergencies when rapid response is required
- Good knowledge of Supply Chain and Warehousing Operations
- Strong business acumen to advise Operations on how to deliver results whilst managing risks in Supply Chain.
- Proactively promote a threat-driven security programme, driving a customer service culture that is effectively integrated with Business and which enables consistent standards of security risk mitigation
- Set clearly measurable targets to the Operations security team
- Ability to communicate with Operations Management so to raise their awareness on security issues
- Ability to display objectivity and balance in judgement whilst investigating any reported case and proffering adequate recommendations
- Good information Technology capability with proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications
- Demonstrate Empathy, emotional intelligence and self-awareness
- Ability to resist to stressful situations and remain cold headed during crisis.
- Identify all risks to Supply Chain operations and Leaf Operations by conducting periodical assessments.
- Propose effective measures to mitigate such risks
- Review and update SOP’s for all Supply Chain Processes.
- Manage the daily operations on all aspects of Supply Chain and ensure the generation and signing of the “Factory Daily Energy report” for Diesel Consumption.
- Manage the quality implementation of all security controls on Finished Goods distribution on both local and exports distributions.
- Ensure an accurate database of all contractors working with the Finished Goods Store is kept.
- Make appropriate input into the leaf security strategy on a year to year basis.
- Coordinate Supervisors to ensure that all security procedures for the protection of:
- Company personnel/families/visitors.
- Tobacco in respect of their, storage and dispatch.
- Company assets, information, property and business operations activities.
- Ensure the compilation and maintenance of monthly statistical trends for key activities in Supply Chain to the Operations Security Manage and Ops managers responsible. E.g. Export trucks monitoring.
- Ensure compliance of haulage companies and their personnel to BAT access control AND Information Security procedures
- Execute control measures to support and sustain a controlled environment in Operations arm of business.
- Carry out all forms of periodic checks on despatch procedures, export escort procedures etc.
- Drive the yearly export route security assessment and report to Operations Security Manager when carried out.
- Maintain an accurate risk assessment report (SSAVA) on all internal and external Finished Goods stores.
- Monitor the flow of finished goods shipment request and ensure that appropriate security according to BAT standards and matrix are deployed at each time.
- Task, develop and train security personnel under his responsibility to implement Supply Chain Security SOP’s.
- Carry out regular security compliance visits to various Lagos Ports to ensure that recommended security procedures are adhered to by stakeholders involved in BAT ports operations.
- Ensuring that BAT appointed-service provider (Haulage) comply with the company’s Security and EHS best practices with respect to haulage of BAT products while in transit.
- Periodic security compliance visits to warehouse/finished goods store to ensure compliance with BAT Security Best Practices for Warehouse Operations.
Deadline: 11th April, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online