Terra Energy Services Nigeria Ltd is an indigenous Engineering and Oil and Gas Service Company incorporated in Nigeria in 2001 with expertise in providing full-service integrated solutions to clients across the entire oil and gas value chain.
We currently operate from our offices in Lagos and Port-Harcourt and aspire to become the leading provider of quality Oil and Gas Engineering Services in West Africa. At Terra Energy Services, we maintain a policy of creating a conducive environment for the attraction of the best qualified and motivated staff for performance enhancement.
We are currently recruiting for the vacant position below:
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Direct Reports: Business Development Officers
- The primary objective of the role is to help drive the growth of the business by obtaining orders for services at targeted gross margins, maintaining customer accounts and identifying opportunities for new business.
- The ideal candidate will already have existing relationships within the oil and gas industry that can be used to gain a competitive advantage.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university, MBA or equivalent is a plus
- Ability to communicate with influence and quickly build credible relationships
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Excel and PowerPoint)
- 5 – 8 years of progressive experience in commercial or business development roles. Previous experience in oil and gas is an absolute must.
- Strong commercial judgment and leadership skills
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills (communication and presentation skills – ability to present/communicate complex concepts concisely)
Key Performance Indicators:
- Client satisfaction rating
- Number of tenders won
- Effectiveness of market intelligence
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for originating sales leads and prospects, leverage existing network and build new pipeline of opportunities
- Lead the formulation of commercial strategy and negotiation of agreements
- Establish and maintain strong productive relationships with key stakeholders (clients, industry and regulatory contacts) to generate a pipeline of new inorganic opportunities
- Prepare sales strategies for targeted accounts and compiles information required to prepare bid/tender packages
- Document account activities, generate reports and keep track of business transactions as required
- Alert management of situations that may materially affect the company’s overall financial condition
- Run economic models to assess business case/feasibility
- Manage market intelligence diligently, maintain competitor and industry knowledge
- Research new and existing markets to identify business opportunities
- Lead the development and implementation of the strategic business development plans
- Manage the proposals process, including budget, pricing and proposal development and client presentations
- Prepare opportunity assessments and business case recommendations for new opportunities (including research, financial projections, etc.)
- Work is primarily done in a business/office environment
- Travel is required