Fadac Resources – Our client, an industry leader for cheque provision and other security printing solutions in Nigeria and has become the preferred supplier of cheques to major banks in Nigeria, Its services cut across the financial, manufacturing, entertainment, education sectors as well as Government agencies in Nigeria and across several African countries.
Due to expansion, they are in need of a suitably qualified candidate to fill the position below:
Job Title: Civil/Structural Engineer
- B.Sc in Structural Engineering with a minimum of 5 years experience in structural design.
- Must be proficient in the use of Orion, Staad or similar structural design software
- Must be a member of COREN
- Professional qualification will be an added advantage
- Must be versatile with designs of buildings
- Experienced in analysing configurations of basic structural components of a building or other structures
- Requisite experience in considering the strength of various materials to see how their inclusion may necessitate a change of structural design
- Knowledge in liaising with other designers including Architects to agree on safe designs and their fit with the aesthetic concept of the construction
- Must be able to make drawings specification and computer models of structures for building contractors
- Must have analytical and technical skills.
- Must be sensitive to timeliness and deadlines and ensure work is accomplished within the stipulate time.
- Familiarity with Industry’s IT standards.
- Minimum Required Experience: 5 year(s)
- Calculate the pressures, stresses and strains that each component, such as a beam or lintel, will experience from other parts of the structure due to human use or environmental pressures such as weather or earthquakes;
- Consider the strength of various materials, e.g. timber, concrete, steel and brick, to see how their inclusion may necessitate a change of structural design;
- Liaise with other designers, including architects, to agree on safe designs and their fit with the aesthetic concept of the construction;
- Examine structures at risk of collapse and advising how to improve their structural integrity, such as recommending removal or repair of defective parts or rebuilding the entire structure;
- Make drawings, specifications and computer models of structures for building contractors;
- Work with geotechnical engineers to investigate ground conditions and analyse results of soil sample and in-situ tests;
- Liaise with construction contractors to ensure that newly erected buildings are structurally sound;
- Apply expert knowledge of the forces that act on various structures;
- Use computers and computer-aided design (CAD) technology for simulation purposes.
Deadline: 31st March, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online