Abidjan-Lagos Corridor Organization (ALCO) is a sub-regional inter-governmental organization established in 2002 with the mission to facilitate the free movement of persons and goods and mitigate the impact of HIV infection on West African inter-regional trade.
We are recruiting suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: Communication and Public Relations Consultant
Location: Cotonou, Benin
- ALCO received funding from the Global Fund as part of the New Funding Model for implementation of its activities. This grant covers the period from 2016 to 2018
- Therefore, in an effort to strengthen the executive secretariat management team based in Cotonou-Benin and for the purpose of implementing the said grant, ALCO is recruiting a Communication Consultant.
- Under the direct supervision of ALCO Executive Secretary, the Communication and Public Relations Consultant will ensure the implementation of communication, visibility and public relations activities as part of ALCO operations.
- The incumbent must hold a Master’s Degree in Communication, or equivalent University Degree
- Must have good control over audio-visual production techniques
- Have proven experience in selection of and collaboration with external communication service providers (advertising, publishing, etc.)
- Demonstrate self-reliance and sense of initiatives
- Be computer literate: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet
- Experience in a sub-regional project implemented in Africa is an asset
- Have solid knowledge of sub-regional countries’ sociocultural environment
- Knowledge of Abidjan-Lagos Corridor region/background is an asset
- Must demonstrate at least five (5) years’ experience in Communication in a development project
- Have at least three (3) years’ experience in institutional Communication and Public Relations
- Must demonstrate experience in community relations
- Be fully bilingual (French & English)
- Have strong programmatic reports development capacity
Deadline: 5th April, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following documents below:
- A duly signed letter of motivation to the Executive Secretary of Abidjan-Lagos Corridor Organization;
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae certified as true and correct
- A copy of Diplomas and qualifications obtained
- Three (3) professional references
- Evidence of experience acquired, especially copies of certificates of employment
- A certified copy of valid national ID card.
The Application file sealed in an envelope marked “Application for Communication and Public Relations Consultant” should be submitted to:
The Executive Secretariat,
Abidjan-Lagos Corridor Organization,
234 Camp Guezo,
Tel: (229)21 31 3579/21313591 Fax: (229)21313652
Send Applications in PDF format to: email@example.com
- Only applicants selected at each step of recruitment process shall be contacted through the email address and telephone mentioned in their CV’s
- For further information, please contact Abidjan-Lagos Corridor Organization:
- Executive Secretariat of Abidjan-Lagos Corridor Organization at the address above.