Contracts, Procurement and Materials Manager Job at a Reputable West Africa Oil & Gas Company
A reputable Oil and Gas company in West Africa, is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Contracts, Procurement and Materials Manager
Location: Accra, Ghana
Reporting to: The General Manager for Finance and Administration
- The Oil and Gas sector in West Africa has witnessed significant growth over the last decade.
- Are you looking to bring your cutting edge professional skills to be a major player in the sector?
- Does the opportunity of working with several Wect African countries appeal to you?
- Then this is your chance to join us.
Key Job Responsibilities
Development of Policies, Procedures and Controls:
- Develop procurement and contracting policies and Inventory management policies, procedures, systems that enable CP&M to most effectively deliver services to its internal customers across all four countries;
- Develop and organize workshop/trainings for WAPCo personnel to promote compliance with CP&M policies and procedures across all four countries;
- Develop and implement appropriate contract management tools for efficient management of all categories of contracts;
- Ensure effective operation of the Contract Review Committee (CRC);
- Serve as a facilitator to the Contract Review Committee (CRC) and also conduct quality assurance on all pre-read materials to the committee;
- Develop and ensure successful operation of a Vendor Registration Committee to regularly manage, appraise and maintain technically qualified contractors and Vendors in WAPCo’s data base;
- Map out and implement strategies for maintaining a sustainable relationship with various vendors.
Research and Market Analysis:
- Analyze the nature of the supply market, from the perspectives of how it is segmented, local/regional/global coverage across all four countries;
- Review and apply cost modeling techniques to ensure that there are appropriate levels of cost transparency within work categories;
- Accurately capture, evaluate and shape demand for goods and/or services from the business, including desired technical and service specifications;
- Continue to work with the business on an ongoing basis to understand how internal and external demand changes over time and adjust strategies and tactics to reflect those changing circumstances;
- Identify appropriate “Go to market” sourcing strategy (e.g. outsource, risk allocation to contractor) and the associated tactics required to successfully achieve the strategy.
- Design, implement and manage inventory control systems;
- Ensure proper classification, labeling and warehousing of all inventory;
- Keep an oversight of all the warehouse and purchasing functions related to stock items;
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for the maintenance of proper inventory levels and the management of inventories across the company;
- Ensure that accurate records of inventory levels and location are maintained across the organization;
- Prepare annual working capital budgets to cover the replenishment of stock items in any given year as part of the company’s business planning process.
Coordination of CP&M Activities for Management Decision Making:
- Prepare robust written sourcing strategies for the endorsement and approval by the relevant accountable stakeholders/governance structures;
- Lead all the end-to-end management interactions between WAPCo and new or existing Vendors/Contractors in order to optimize the value delivered to both parties;
- Provide relevant update to management on trends and concept that drive efficiency aid cost effectiveness within the company’s supply chain;
- Influence project concept or other business requirements based on market capabilities;
- Ensue effective, efficient control and expenditure of CP&M budget;
- Represent CP&M at all OELT (Operational Excellence Leadership Team) and management meetings;
- Ensure regular interaction and provide guidance to contract owners and contract holders at all levels of the contract management process;
- Ensure conduct of monthly meetings with contract owners and holders and ensure effective tracking and timely resolution of contract management issues.
People Management and Organization:
- Develop and implement the strategic direction for the CP&M organization;
- Supervise and develop team members to ensure the maximization of their potentials;
- Develop and implement CP&M Key Performance Indicators (KPIs);
- Ensure that the CP&M function is appropriately skilled for current & future needs and ensure that CP&M is seamlessly connected with the business to achieve appropriate technical, commercial and HES outcomes;
- Supervises a team of 8 staff spread across the WAGP States.
Deadline: 27th March, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications and Resumes through the respective email apportioned to their country:
Ghanaian Candidates: email@example.com
Togolese & Beninoise Candidates: firstname.lastname@example.org Nigerian Candidates: email@example.com
- This job is open to applicants from Nigeria, Benin, Togo and Ghana.
- All Applications & Resumes should be submitted in ENGLISH.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted