Employee Relations Manager Job at SABmiller Plc
SABMiller is in the beer and soft drinks business, bringing refreshment and sociability to millions of people all over the world who enjoy our drinks. We do business in a way that improves livelihoods and helps build communities. We are passionate about brewing and have a long tradition of craftsmanship, making superb beer from high quality natural ingredients.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Employee Relations Manager
Reference Number: ABI107
Amongst other duties, the job holder will;
- Provide sound, professional advice to the business regarding identified aspects of Industrial Relations.
- Keep abreast of the latest developments in Case law, legislation Regulations and update Company policies, procedures accordingly.
- Provide regular feedback support to the Labour Relations Director in the Zone
- Prepare and conduct Wage Negotiations
- Provide LR consulting support to the Business Units
- Develop & implement processes and procedures in support of a seamless employee relations strategy
- Represent the Company in external Labour Resolution Forums
- Ensure that Line Managers, Regional HR teams, and Shop Stewards are competent in Industrial relations by providing support in training and coaching.
- Keep customers updated on latest LR developments, case law, articles by providing regular feedback and workshops.
- Provide management with guidelines on how to manage and resolve lR issues and processes
- Monitor adherence to labour legislation, policies and procedures.
- Support the People Team in the BU in ensuring that precedent and best practice is consistently applied.
The occupant of this position should possess:
- Relevant degree in Human Resources/Labour Relations/Law. Post graduate qualifications in LR and/or Law would be advantageous
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Human Resources/Labour Relations.
- Knowledge & experience of dispute resolution processes; rules and regulations.
- In depth knowledge of Nigerian labour legislation.
- Experience of at external dispute resolution forums
- Experience in documenting employee policies and conditions of service handbooks
- Experience in conflict management and disciplinary processes.
- Experience in managing employee services – joiner, mover, leaver services, medical benefits & background check services.
Key competencies and attributes:
- Ability to balance complex factors including business interests, the Law, IR concepts and principles
- Ability to provide guidance in LR cases
- Good understanding of Nigerian Labour Law
- Good negotiation, influencing and facilitation skills
- Track record of building good relationships
- Good planning and organizing skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Above average power point and excel skills
- Ability to provide an integrated labour relations consulting service
- High energy level
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online