SABMiller is in the beer and soft drinks business, bringing refreshment and sociability to millions of people all over the world who enjoy our drinks. We do business in a way that improves livelihoods and helps build communities. We are passionate about brewing and have a long tradition of craftsmanship, making superb beer from high quality natural ingredients.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Employee Relations Manager
Reference Number: ABI107
Amongst other duties, the job holder will;
- Provide sound, professional advice to the business regarding identified aspects of Industrial Relations.
- Keep abreast of the latest developments in Case law, legislation Regulations and update Company policies, procedures accordingly.
- Provide regular feedback support to the Labour Relations Director in the Zone
- Prepare and conduct Wage Negotiations
- Provide LR consulting support to the Business Units
- Develop & implement processes and procedures in support of a seamless employee relations strategy
- Represent the Company in external Labour Resolution Forums
- Ensure that Line Managers, Regional HR teams, and Shop Stewards are competent in Industrial relations by providing support in training and coaching.
- Keep customers updated on latest LR developments, case law, articles by providing regular feedback and workshops.
- Provide management with guidelines on how to manage and resolve lR issues and processes
- Monitor adherence to labour legislation, policies and procedures.
- Support the People Team in the BU in ensuring that precedent and best practice is consistently applied.
The occupant of this position should possess:
- Relevant degree in Human Resources/Labour Relations/Law. Post graduate qualifications in LR and/or Law would be advantageous
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Human Resources/Labour Relations.
- Knowledge & experience of dispute resolution processes; rules and regulations.
- In depth knowledge of Nigerian labour legislation.
- Experience of at external dispute resolution forums
- Experience in documenting employee policies and conditions of service handbooks
- Experience in conflict management and disciplinary processes.
- Experience in managing employee services – joiner, mover, leaver services, medical benefits & background check services.
Key competencies and attributes:
- Ability to balance complex factors including business interests, the Law, IR concepts and principles
- Ability to provide guidance in LR cases
- Good understanding of Nigerian Labour Law
- Good negotiation, influencing and facilitation skills
- Track record of building good relationships
- Good planning and organizing skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Above average power point and excel skills
- Ability to provide an integrated labour relations consulting service
- High energy level
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online