The Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC) is an office-level agency in the federal administration of Switzerland, and a part of the Federal Department of Foreign Affairs. Together with other federal offices, SDC is responsible for overall coordination of Swiss international development activities and cooperation with Eastern Europe, as well as humanitarian aid.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: National Program Officer for Humanitarian Aid
Location: Abuja, but extensive and frequent missions to north east (Borno, Adamawa and Yobe States)
- The program Officer supports the Humanitarian Coordinator in the fulfilment of his mandate in relation to the humanitarian crisis in north east Nigeria.
- Working experience in the field of humanitarian aid, specifically in food security, nutrition and protection sectors
- Previous experience with International Organization, UN Agency, Non-Governmental Organization, Embassy or private Company
- Successful completion of a University Degree (minimum Bachelor), preferably in International Relations, Social Sciences or related field
- Good understanding of humanitarian aid and development cooperation in Nigeria
- Good analytical skills, and experience in planning, design, implementation and evaluation of programs
- Excellent interpersonal skills, high sense of commitment, resistance to stress and capacity to work independently as well as in a team
- Excellent writing skills and ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Excellent command of English and other languages a plus.
- Monitor the humanitarian, socio-economic and political context
- Ensure adequate reporting on the conflict dynamics, humanitarian needs and response
- Follow up on projects, document progress and ensure compliance with specific PCM rules and regulations
- Identify potential engagement in line with the strategic framework for the region. Assess project proposals, negotiate with partners and submit proposals with respective recommendations and draft internal documents.
- Support and/or conduct researches and analysis, carrying out inquiries and writing reports.
- Conduct extensive visits to the projects
- Facilitate information sharing, document dissemination and ensure proper filing of important documents
- Build and maintain effective contacts with key stakeholders through coordination and networking
- Represent Switzerland in meetings, fora and events in relation to the north east Nigeria’s crisis (ICRC, UN, NGOs, CSOs and donors)
- Perform any other task as instructed.
Deadline: 6th April, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and Motivation Letters to: email@example.com