Ibis Lagos Airport Hotel is located at 35/37 Muritala Mohamed Intl Airport Road, Ikeja Lagos. The hotel is one of the best hotels in Ajao Estate and it is easy to locate from the airport. The hotel is located 5 minutes away from the International Airport.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Executive Chef
Industry: Restaurants, Food & Beverages, and Hospitality
Employment type: Full-time
Experience: Mid-Senior level
- The Executive Chef is the person in charge of the kitchen.
- This department head ensures the highest quality of food quality for Members and their guests.
- The Chef prepares an annual budget and achieves these financial goals throughout the year, through proper forecasting, cost controls and labor management.
- Spot problems and resolve them quickly and efficiently, maintain a level head, and delegate many kitchen tasks simultaneously.
- Maximize the productivity of the kitchen staff, as well as managing the sous chef and chef de partie whom are directly below them in the chef’s chain of command.
- Maintain impeccable personal hygiene as well as high health and safety standards in the workplace.
- By ensuring standardization of recipes and plate presentation for buffet, a la Carte venues and catered events, the Chef and his culinary team deliver a memorable dining experience for all Members and guests.
- The Chef is an advocate and ambassador of STAR Service and understanding the critical role that membership and exceeding expectations play in regards to the success of the operation.
- Everything that goes out of the kitchen is the responsibility of the executive chef in the eyes of the employer; therefore, it is essential for the person with this job to be able to maintain complete control of the kitchen at all times and to command the respect of his or her kitchen staff.
- Set an example for the chefs below him or her and oversee the day-to-day culinary operations of the kitchen.
- The Chef is also responsible for kitchen staff and their training/development through education and creative instruction.
- Culinary School graduate.
- 3 years’ experience as an Executive Chef or equivalent.
- Creative menu development skills.
- Strong technical literacy, including Microsoft Word and Excel, payroll management and point of sale systems.
- Diplomatic team player able to foster relationships with Members, Employee Partners and guests. Should be able to communicate well in good English.
- Must know how to make and train staff on various country meals.
- Possesses characteristics that command a presence in the dining room.
- Proven track record of team management, reporting, organizational and coaching skills within the Heart-of-the House.
- Solid understanding of buffet, a la carte and banquet revenue generation.
- Comprehensive knowledge of expense control as it relates to Heart of the House payroll and the forecasting/budgeting of expenses.
- Experience with purchasing and inventory systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- An executive chef has a huge range of duties and responsibilities within the kitchen.
- The most important of these is to ensure that quality culinary dishes are served on schedule and to see that any problems that arise are rectified.
- The executive chef may also be called upon to use this time to create a wide variety of new dishes for his or her kitchen.
- In addition, the head chef also performs many administrative duties, including ordering supplies and reporting to the head of the establishment.
- As such, the executive chef is responsible for approving all prepared food items that leave his or her kitchen.
- When the restaurant is not occupied with actively serving patrons, as in between meal times, the executive chef is expected to modify and create new menus as needed so that they remain effective for the purposes for the restaurant or other events.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: email@example.com
Application Deadline 30th April 2018.