At Altara, our mission is simple: to improve the lives of Nigerians. To do this, Altara and its dedicated team seek to tackle a critical challenge in Africa – access to payment solutions that make product prices more digestible.
Our debut service is “buy now, pay later” where we allow formal & informal sector workers, and SME owners purchase a variety of products and equipment for their homes and businesses but instead of paying for the products in full upfront, pay small amount overtime.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Operations Lead
- We are looking to hire an “Internal Operations Lead”. This is a role where you will report directly to senior management.
- In this capacity you will be responsible for the majority of the purchasing functions, carrying out internal audits to ensure smooth operations and process improvement.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university or college.
- 5 years experience of experience managing and operating brick and mortar retail outlets.
- Ability to take initiative and has a high sense of urgency, to handle priorities with accuracy and efficiency while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to define problems, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions to solve them
- Commitment to process improvement.
- Must be extremely customer centric with strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and in-person interpersonal, communication and persuasion skills.
- Team oriented, great at time management, multitasking skills.
- Building relationships with the key suppliers for the products that we sell at the store – local suppliers – get the best price so we can get the widest margin.
- Finding a diversity of sources – for products so that we can get a consistent supply to management.
- Ensuring the smooth operation of store.
- Ensuring the smooth operation of delivery and collections.
- Devising strategies to improve processes to prevent lag.
- Supporting the president with strategic planning and key decision making on operations.
- Setting up and track key performance indicators across all operating functions and put together reports for the President.
- Creating a well-defined process map for activities related to customer purchases and delivery.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send the following below to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your resume (1 page max).
- A short paragraph as to why you are interested in the role (Half a page).
- In 5 bullet points, choose 5 individual responsibilities (listed above) and express why you would excel in the role with an example of a project you have completed in the past to support each point.
Application Deadline 8th March, 2018.