Job at Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) for Program Officer
Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) is a non-profit organization that promotes socio-economic development by supporting global health and economic initiatives in Nigeria. It was established as an affiliate of the Family Health International (FH1360) to sustain FHI’s achievements in strengthening indigenous organizational capacity in Nigeria. AHNi currently has its headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria
The Reading and Numeracy Activity (RANA) is a three-year pilot project on Hausa language early primary grade reading and numeracy, implemented by FHI 360 in partnership with Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) and Federation of Muslim Women Associations in Nigeria (FOMWAN) as part of UNICEF’s Girls Education Project Phase 3 (GEP3) with funding support from U.K. Department for International Development (DFID). RANA is implemented in collaboration with the governments of Katsina and Zamfara state and aims to improve literacy arid numeracy for girls and boys in primary grades 1-3 by assisting approximately 200 formal schools and Integrated Qur’anic Schools (IQS) in the states. Due to the extension on this Project, we are seeking qualified candidate for the vacant position below:
Job Title: Program Officer
Contract Type: Full term
- Program Officer Under the supervision of the Senior Program Officer, H/She will provide support in the coordination activities of the AHNI/Nigeria field offices.
- H/She will support program planning, design, review and the monitoring of the program implementation and field offices.
Minimum Recruitment Standards
- BS/BA in Education, Behavioral Sciences or its recognized equivalent with 5-7 years of relevant experience with international development programs.
- Or MS/MA degree in Education, Behavioral Sciences or its recognized equivalent with 3-5 years relevant experience with international development programs.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is an advantage.
Deadline: 21st March, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume/CV’s and cover letter as a single MS Word document to: AHNi-ProgMgtJobs@ahnigeria.org
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Only applications sent electronically (i.e. by e-mail) with the job title and location clearly indicated as the subject of the mail will be considered
- AHNi does not charge candidates a fee for a test or interview.