Job for Account Officer – Maternity Cover at CornerStone Staffing
CornerStone Staffing – Our client, a big player in the FMCG Industry, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Account Officer – Maternity Cover
- We are looking to recruit an Account Officer for Maternity Cover for a maximum of six months.
- This role is responsible for the delivery of the financial and business processes and systems in line with corporate standards; the post holder will undertake specific work within Finance and contribute to improving functional efficiency.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting or related field
- 3-5 years’ work experience in an FMCG
- Minimum of PE1 of ICAN/ACCA
- Advance proficiency in Microsoft Word processing and spreadsheet applications; ability to utilize database application
- Advanced level of Microsoft Excel (Pivot tables, Vlookups, and nestedifs formulas)
- Ability to interpret Financial Data from various systems and in various formats
- Excellent analytical and quick-decision making skills
- Strong attention to detail with highly organized, advanced office skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to learn new processes quickly
- Ability to manage multiple decision processes while working in a fast-paced paperless environment using multiple systems and databases
- Ability to resolve problems
Cash Accounting/Banking & Treasury:
- To ensure all over the counter cash is banked in line with relevant policy and parked on SAP Cash Journals.
- To ensure appropriate procedures are adhered to when cash is received and to bank all cash and other instrument within 2 days of receipt or immediately threshold of cash holding is attained.
- Ensure all relevant Cash Journals are balanced within 48 hours of banking being completed.
- Ensure all delegated banking activities are diligently carried out.
Procurement & Payables:
- Ensure all invoices are checked within 24 hours of receipt and scanned within 48 hours; thus contributing to significant reduction of Open Purchase Orders and late payment to vendors.
- Ensure that scanned invoices are backed up on the Finance shared drive.
Vendor & Customer Creation:
- Ensure documents and files for newly created vendors are properly filed and alphabetically for easy referencing
- Update the Vendor and Customer Master Database with every new creation/amendment of vendor and customer respectively.
- Ensure that all FI journal documents are filed according to their numbers and the month of posting.
- Participate in the preparation for internal audit and tax audit exercises; ensuring that all relevant files and documents are in place for smooth running of these audits.
- Ensure that Trip envelopes are properly logged in the Trip Register, backed up on the G-Drive and properly filed in the assigned shelf.
- Timely provision of assistance and support to other colleagues to enable them manage their delegated finances and comply with audit standards.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online