ZARC Corporate Services – A Bookshop with a strong online presence, is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Book Services Assistant Manager
- A Bookshop with a strong online presence is looking for a dedicated and experienced person to join its staff as Assistant Manager.
- The candidate must have a passion for books and learning as well as a desire to be surrounded by literature and work with people who love and appreciate books.
- A degree in any subject, you will also need to be able to effectively use the following IT applications –
- Microsoft Word, Power Point and Excel, and Adobe Fireworks.
- You must be an excellent reader and will be expected to continually read the latest literature and will need to have:
- Interpersonal and listening skills, including the ability to interact with a range of people
- Strong ICT skills so as to be able to use computers to classify resources, create databases and manipulate images and create graphic designs
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Research skills
- Enthusiasm and the ability to motivate yourself and others
- Team working skills
- A flexible attitude to work
- The ability to prioritise your work and meet deadlines
- Good presentation skills
- A meticulous approach to work
- The ability to think logically
- Organisational and self-management skills
- An ability to continually update your knowledge on changes to technology
- It’s important to show your motivation by getting relevant experience as early as possible.
- Updating the website and electronic resource
- Keeping the bookshop organised and tidy
- Attending events and activities related to literature and authors
- Ordering and displaying new books, audio books, DVD’s and other materials as well as weeding out old ones
- Keeping up to date with newly release publications, by reading book reviews, publishers’ announcements and other relevant materials, in order to select bookshop resources
- Knowing public needs and trends to ensure online services are used as much as possible
- Promoting the use of the website/bookshop through displays, talks and public events
- Working with authors, publishers and other bodies, to develop services and initiatives for the public
- Managing the company’s social media channels (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram)
- Managing the company’s blog
- Creating and distributing the company’s newsletter
Deadline: 25th March, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: email@example.com