Pathfinder International is a sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) organization dedicated to creating access to and improving the quality of family planning, reproductive health, abortion, and community- and facility-based HIV and AIDS care and services. In partnership with host country governments and nongovernmental organizations, we train facility-based health care providers to improve both the quality and range of their technical and counseling skills.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Advisor/Sr. Technical Advisor – HIV
- Manages the full project lifecycle from initiation through analysis and development to organization-wide rollout and training.
- Ensures the success of the project by establishing sound project and program management practices.
- Creates and executes project work plans and reports, manages project staff and budgets, monitors and evaluates outcomes for on-time delivery.
- Works with a multi-disciplinary team and serves as the Pathfinder spokesperson on behalf of the project to promote the project goals, achievements and strengths to key stakeholders.
Key Job Outcomes
- Project Work Plans and Execution: Creates and executes project work plans and revises as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements. Identifies resources needed and assigns individual responsibilities. Manages day-to-day operational aspects of a project and scope. Reviews deliverables prepared by team before passing to client. Enforces project standards. Ensures all project documentation is complete, current and stored appropriately.
- Technical Assistance: Provides technical assistance to country offices, host-country governments, local partners, and other agencies to assess needs and design SRHR and ISS & CB projects and services that are responsive to the needs of intended populations.
- Quality Assurance: Works with the technical team to ensure that best practices for services and service integration are well documented, evaluated and poised for scale up. Coaches and builds teams to optimize staff performance programming, target setting and project workplan and scale-up.
- Partner Management: Manages day-to-day partner interaction.
- Project Status Reports: Prepares for engagement reviews and quality assurance procedures. Submits regular status project reports. Addresses issues and resolutions to mitigate risks.
- Project Budget: Manages project budget. Tracks and reports team hours and expenses on a weekly basis. Reports budget to actual variance on hours and cost
- Project Meetings: Holds regular status meetings with project team. Keeps project team well informed of changes within the project and organization. Communicates relevant project information to project leads. Delivers engaging, informative, well-organized presentations. Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion. Communicates difficult/sensitive information. Facilitates team meetings.
- Project Schedules: Manages the project schedule and schedules for Pathfinder staff related to the project. Plans and schedules to align resources and deliverables. Serves as the primary point of contact for exceptions and rescheduling.
- Staff Development: Trains other team members using train the trainer approach. Approves team members’ time and expense reports. Reviews the status reports of team members and addresses issues as appropriate. Complies with and helps to enforce standard policies and procedures.
Minimally Required Education, Training and Experience
- Master’s degree in public health, business, marketing, social science or related discipline.
- 10 years’ experience in working in international development, preferably in implementing programs in developing countries seeking to empower women and female children
- 5 years’ international non-profit experience
- Prefer: Experience with USAID-funded projects
- Prefer: Experience in project design
- Prefer: Experience living or working in developing countries that aids in understanding of program context, field realities, and technical needs.
Minimally Required Organizational Competencies:
- Software Applications: Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
- Languages: Proven writing and speaking skills using local languages and English language.
- Communication and Influencing Skills: Proven ability to influence others through diplomacy and proven oral and written communication skills.
- Passion for Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights: Commitment to family planning, reproductive health services, gender, maternal, child health services, and eradication of harmful traditional practices.
- Self-Management and Teamwork: Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, ability to thrive in a matrix organization, ability to be detailed-oriented, and ability to manage stress effectively in a fast-pace environment.
- Confidentiality: Ability to maintain confidentiality on work related matters.
- Extensive HIV knowledge required.
Minimally Required Job-Specific Competencies:
- Country Specific Public Health System: Deep knowledge of the countries’ public health systems.
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights: Deep knowledge of family planning and reproductive health principles, practices and services of programs, including program strategies and indicators, and the latest professional developments in SRHR and SSCB. Proven skills in designing, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating development and intervention activities, preferably with USAID, WHO, or other donor organizations working in the health sector.
- Program Operations and Development: Mastery of skills in implementing and managing similar program operations in the developing world, including advocacy.
- Proposal Development: Mastery of skills in proposal development from concept to full proposal, resource mobilization, and proven ability to raise substantial research/development funds.
- Leadership: Mastery of skills as a leader in health and health service delivery strengthening in developing countries and proven ability in developing strategic plans.
- Program and Project Planning and Management: Deep skills in program and project management and planning to fulfill performance objectives, including the timely implementation and reporting of donor-funded program activities.
- Operations and Financial Management: Deep knowledge of operations and financial management in developing countries.
- Change Leadership: Ability to demonstrate a high degree of flexibility in managing change across a broad group of stakeholders in an inclusive manner.
- Presentation Skills: Proven ability to make presentations on results and products to small and large groups.
- Community Relations: Mastery of skills in facilitating working relationships between partners, government officials, and communities.
- Travel required (at least 30%)
- Uses cellular and desk phone; laptop or desktop computer.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online