MacTay Consulting – Our client, a reputable telecoms giant in Africa, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Transmission Integration Engineer
- Our clients rapid network rollout and expansion requires the re-engineering of the core transport node DXX 8170 (A111) unto Tellabs 8180.
- In the light of this, mobile backhaul traffic and equipment re-engineering services are being proposed to address network capacity growth requirement within core transport node and as well migrating all required signaling link and services provisioned on A111 unto Tellabs 8180.
- The key benefit to Our client is to achieve a re-engineered network that is scalable, seamlessly future proof for (Ethernet and data provisioning) and space management within all switch sites.
Re-engineering Services and design
- The re-engineering Services are essential in the overall backhaul solution as it provides end-to-end design needed to successfully deploy, integrate, and effectively migrate live traffic. It includes:
- Network Assessment/Audit: Perform network audit for the location in scope and provide analysis report
- Network Architecture: Create network diagram based on information gathering on node network in the required locations
- High Level Design: Produce evolved high-level Design (HLD) based on existing design and future strategy
- Produce Low Level/Implementation Design (LLD) based on agreed HLD
- Traffic/Services Migration: Implementation of services as agreed during LLD document
- This is the on-site activity on the node level. All improvements recommended in the assessment report/LLD will be carried out on sites and remotely
- LLD will be provided based on the agreed HLD. The LLD will include recommendations on how to fix the identified anomalies.
- The guidance is a document on step-methodology to rectify the recommendation.
- Low Level Design and Guidance
- The re-engineering service addresses rectifying the items found within the assessment service.
- Traffic migration will be executed during maintenance window as agreed during change management engagement.
- Our clients NID team to provide resources in all locations that will work fully with Transmission consultant/ Expert during migration time (Maintenance window)
- TX edge to provide INM access and local support during traffic migration.
- Our client will provide planned work ref and support for traffic affecting tasks that will be carried out by assigned resources.
- The re-engineering and migration will cover services migration and traffic aggregation on DXX 6300 with the Metro ring and DXX 8170 on switch sites.
- Nodes identification and high-level design
- Traffic re-engineering and low-level design
- Traffic migration and provisioning
- Node decommissioning
- Labelling and site clean-up which includes removal of nodes from rack or shelve.
- Traffic migration and transport aggregation within the metro-ring will enhance transport topology and its architecture thereby providing room for expansion of new services as required in data provision and evolution as seen in the market today.
- Service concentrates on Our client’s immediate network requirements as well as charting a path for the future.
- Transport Network clean-up on physical layout and logical architecture
- Providing a more seamless and scalable platform for future evolution services.
- Removal of legacy nodes which less utilization on overall network
- Re-structuring and re-engineering of logical circuitry
Time Duration of Deliverable:
- The proposed time period for the planned project is 3 months. This is dependent on the total number of services and node to be re-engineered.
- Migration Activity
- Field Support.
- Experience in Telecoms and TX Network.