The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, independent, humanitarian organization working on all aspects of the refugee cause in more than 30 countries throughout the world. The aim of DRC is to protect refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) against persecution and to promote durable solutions to the problems of forced migration, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC works in accordance with the UN Conventions on Refugees and the Code of Conduct for the ICRC and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Assistant (Food Security)
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Contract type: National contract
- Within the scope of DRC’s Food Security project, funded by WFP, the Logistics Assistant is to provide specialized support functions and/or supervise staff performing standard logistics/supply chain processes and activities to enable effective delivery of goods and services for all Food Security delivery modalities (CBT, GFD, BSFP etc).
- Responsible for receiving the redeemed paper vouchers and redeemed SCOPE Cards and archiving them in accordance CBT manuals and policies and relevant SOPs in coordination with the DRC Food Security Unit;
- Follow up and determine with procurement and programme the need for standby contracts for vendors;
- Regularly update and keep track of contracts and contract extension of the retailers/ Vendors
- Perform other duties, as required by the FSM
- For paper vouchers and SCOPE, s/he works on daily basis with the retailers/Vendors, perform the reconciliation of commodities and prices. Once the scanned copy of the invoice is received from Retailers/vendors, S/he must double check and submitted to Snr Food Security Officer (CBT) and Commodity Tracking Officer for further review;
- Responsible for receiving the original retailer invoices and submitting to the DRC Finance CBT Focal Point;
- 2 years work experience in a humanitarian organization
- 1 year hands on experience in the implementation of the Cash Voucher program
- Excellent oral and writing skills
- Availability: Immediately
- Salary and conditions: In accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment;
- The income will be subject to statutory deductions as per applicable Nigeria laws. The employee is responsible for the tax returns.
Deadline: 3rd April, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- The position is for Nigerian Nationals Only.
- CV must be saved with name of applicant.
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered.
- CV-only applications will not be considered.
- Applications sent/received after the deadline will not be considered. Due to the urgency of this positions, application will be considered on a rolling basis and DRC reserves the right begin the interview process before the close date.
- Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview.