Latest Job Openings at International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO)
The International NGO Safety Organisation (INSO), is a global charity dedicated exclusively to issues of humanitarian safety and to the operation of NGO Safety Offices (NSO) in volatile or insecure contexts. INSO Nigeria aims to support safety awareness and safety management capabilities amongst NGOs within Nigeria.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Emergency Medical Technician/Paramedic Trainer
- We are seeking an experienced and passionate individual to join our training team as Emergency Medical Technician-Trainer to be based in Abuja with frequent travels in the region.
- The EMT-Trainer will apply his medical background and training skills in the development and delivery of various training courses
- He/she will also be responsible for monitoring and advising on the operational application of the training on an ongoing basis after the event.
Qualifications and Experience
- Qualified Paramedic, Nurse, or Doctor with at least 3 years remote/emergency medical experience. Candidate will be able to provide a valid certification
- Medical/First Aid trainer qualifications
- Experience as a Trainer with both academic and practical experience and up to date knowledge of sector specific trends and developments.
- Secondary Diploma
- Good knowledge of Word, Excel, Power Point and Internet
- Good working knowledge of English (written and spoken).
- Basic and advanced emergency medical and life-sustaining techniques, including cardiac care, trauma and shock care, ventilation and other CPR techniques
- Basic algebra, pharmacology, and chemistry for the administration of drug modalities
- Human anatomy and physiology
- Medical terminology and billing
- Administration of emergency medical techniques and use of specialized equipment associated with advanced life support
- Use of rescue tools and equipment
- Extrication techniques
- Patient assessment.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, multi-cultural and close-knit team to deliver tangible results on a deadline
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proactivity and problem-solving skills
- Preferred Characteristics
- Prehospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS), Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) or Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS) qualifications
- At least 1-year humanitarian experience
- Familiarity with the philosophy, priorities, and principles of humanitarian NGOs and NGO approaches to security
- User knowledge of GPS, Thuraya satellite phone and VHF communications.
- Personally, deliver classroom inputs and facilitate dynamic and interesting training courses as directed by the line manager, to include:
- Hostile Environment Individual Safety Training (HEIST)
- Hostile Environment First Aid Training (HEFAT)
- Other relevant training as directed.
- Organize trainings’ logistics, prepare training schedules, be responsible for advertising, planning & preparation for courses under the supervision of the training manager
- Promote the development of new training courses with the line manager utilizing adult learning methodologies
- Prepare post-training reports to the training manager with lessons learned and analysis
- Assist the training manager in the day to day running of the country programme and provide support to operations where required
- Manage all medical equipment and supplies.
Deadline: 31st March, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications, which MUST include a Curriculum Vitae (up to 3 pages maximum) and a Cover Letter, specifying how your profile and experience meet the mandatory requirements, to: firstname.lastname@example.org writing in the subject of the mail: “INSO EMT/P-Trainer”.
Note: Only candidates meeting the mentioned criteria are invited to apply.