Logistics Platform Officer Job at Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI)
Premiere Urgence Internationale (PUI) is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Platform Officer
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
- To address logistics needs of humanitarian actors working in North-East Nigeria, PUI is providing partners with a logistic platform.
- Under the direct supervision of the Logistic platform Deputy Project manager (Logistic platform DPM), the Logistic platform Officer oversees the day-to-day operations of the Logistic platform.
- S/He selects and keeps record of the work of the daily workers.
- S/He is in charge of maintaining very accurate and comprehensive administrative record of stock flow and managing the RITA software.
- Under the direct supervision of logistic platform DPM
- Under the technical supervision N/A
- Under the overall supervision logistic platform PM
- In supervision of N/A.
- Language skills: fluent in English and Hausa
- Education: Secondary education
- Work experience: 1 year experience in administrative work. Experience with an INGO an asset.
- Knowledge and skills: Attention to detail. Excellent organization and rigor. Capacity to work with a wide range of stakeholders, diplomatic and open minded. Good communication.
- Ability to adapt or change priorities according to the changing situation within a mission or the organization itself. Ability to manage stress and pressure. Honesty and integrity.
- Computer skills:
- Outlook, Excel, Word, Powerpoint. Knowledge of a software of stock management an asset.
- Transversals skills.
Role and Responsibilities
- Record and oversee the soft copy dispatch and receipt documents in compliance with Premiere Urgence Internationale standards
- Ensure that cargo files are correctly filed for each cargo movement (UNHAS and Logistic platform)
- In partnership with Project manager and the DPM, enter all the information regarding cargo movement (request, delivery, release) in RITA software
- Record and print consignment report
- Print and scan all the administrative documents
- Plan the movement of the week and communicate the information to the team
- Report immediately any delay, problem or other relevant information to the Deputy Project manager
- Provide information on available space in the Logistic platform and alert the Logistic platform DPM and PM when stock level approaches the maximum limit.
- Plan the workload needed for loading and uploading in an efficient way on weekly and daily basis (i.e number of daily workers)
- Selects and assigns daily workers, ensuring equal employment opportunity in hiring. Ensures proper labor relations and conditions of employment are maintained.
- In partnership with finance assistant, participate to the payment of daily workers on weekly basis.
- Implement comprehensive briefing for daily workers (security rules, terms of daily employment etc.)
- Ensure a proper administrative follow up of the daily worker working days
- Assist the Admin Assistant during the weekly payment.
- Make recommendations to improve unit efficiency to Logistic platform DPM and PM
- Ensure the security of the staff
- Ensure a good communication with PUI local partners in charge of daily workers selection.
- Provide update during the Logistic platform weekly meetings.
Specific Objective and Linked Activities:
- The tasks and responsibilities defined in this job description are non-exhaustive and can evolve depending on the project’s needs.
Priorities of the Department:
- Ensure a high level service to the partners by stocking and keeping the cargos safely. Ensure an excellent documentation of every movements of stock and an excellent communication with the partners of every relevant information.
Deadline: 31st March, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- Fill the form and make sure to mention in the form the reference of the position you are applying for.
- If pre-selected, you will be contacted shortly by the HR department.