Première Urgence Internationale (PUI), is a non-governmental, non-profit, non-political and non-religious international aid organization. Our teams are committed to supporting civilians’ victims of marginalization and exclusion, or hit by natural disasters, wars and economic collapses, by answering their fundamental needs. Our aim is to provide emergency relief to uprooted people in order to help them recover their dignity and regain self-sufficiency.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: MEAL & Assessment Manager
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Employment Type: Fixed-Term Contract
Duration: 5 months
Reports to: Field Coordinator
- As part of our activities in Nigeria, we are looking for a MEAL & Assessment Manager.
- Production of comprehensive needs assessments and proposed interventions for pre-designated focus geographical areas
- Production of Learning material and provision of Learning technical support to Project Managers
- Definition and enforcement of a comprehensive accountability system at base level
- Provision of guidance and technical support to project managers in terms of M&E activities and direct implementation of some M&E activities
- The MEAL & Assessment Manager, under the supervision of the Field Coordinator and the global overview of the HoM is responsible for the conduction of humanitarian needs’ assessments in the coverage area of Maiduguri base. He/She will provide technical support to all project managers in terms of MEAL activities and contribute to the overall Learning approach at mission level
- Under the direct supervision of the Field Coordinator, the MEAL & Assessment Manager main objectives are the following:
Training and Experiences
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in a field related to Project Management, International Development and/or Social Sciences
- Experience in M&E or Project Management
- Experience in donor requirements and expectations
- Strong computer skills essential, including ability to operate Microsoft Word, Excel, Project & database Management software
Required Personal Characteristics:
- Demonstrated experience in monitoring and evaluation design, applied survey & research, indicator development
- Strong commitment to support/develop capacity of national staff and developing second layer of leadership
- Proven management ability and inter-personal skills – team player
- Problem solving and leadership skills
- Excellent command in writing and editing documents in both English and French
- Working knowledge in Arabic is a plus.
- Proven capacity for analyzing and synthesizing comprehensive information and technical data
- Ability to guarantee effective and timely outputs
- Good communications skills for public presentations
- Ability to work on own initiative and collaboratively as part of a diverse team and manage a varied workload
- Self-motivated, flexible and adaptable to the needs of the team and organization
- Monthly gross income: from 1 815 up to 2 145 Euros depending on the experience in International Solidarity + 50 Euros per semester seniority with PUI
- Cost covered: Round-trip transportation to and from home / mission, visas, vaccines…
- Insurance including medical coverage and complementary healthcare, 24/24 assistance and repatriation
- Housing in collective accommodation
- Daily living Expenses: « Per diem »
- Break Policy : 5 working days at 3 and 9 months
- Paid Leaves Policy: 5 weeks of paid leaves per year + return ticket every 6 months.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications (Resume and Cover Letter) To “Emmanuelle Gracia, Human Resources Officer for Expatriates”, at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline 30th April, 2018.