Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Location: Dutse, Jigawa
Job Type: Full Time
- The position is based in Dutse, Jigawa State and directly report to Monitoring and Evaluation Deputy Manager will be primarily responsible for leading data gathering, collation and reporting activities to ensure the quality and accountability of the CDGP program implemented by Action Against Hunger in Jigawa.
- Degree in Economics, international development, statistics, public health, demography or related subject, with previous experience working in humanitarian projects.
- At least 2 years of proven experience in the Monitoring, Evaluation and Accountability of humanitarian or development programs.
- Experience of data collection, collation, analysis, and report writing.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent team, budget and project management and representation competencies.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English.
- Commitment to and understanding of Action Against Hunger aims, values and principles.
- Excellent computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Excel, spreadsheets, Sphere standard, SPSS, SPHINX, or other statistical packages.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Support the operationalization of M&E systems on AAH projects to ensure compliance with donor and AAH M&E standards.
- Track the progress of key indicators.
- Lead the implementation of qualitative and participatory tools, including focus group discussions and key informant interviews to collect data from various groups in the community
- Train and manage the M&E Field Assistants to carry out regular M&E functions, ensuring that all HR procedures and policies are respected.
- Undertake regular site visits and monitor the design and execution of surveys and other assessments, case studies, and accountability mechanisms to ensure that proper sampling and methodology are used.
- Perform analysis of M&E data for different projects.
- Ensure proper and timely implementation of Action Against Hunger M&E tools, activities, and reporting.
- Document and promote good practice from planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of activities.
Deadline: 5:00 PM; 8th March, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online