MTN Nigeria – The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below:
Job Title: Engineer, Broadband Systems Planning
- To assist in the design, planning and optimization of MTNN’s Packet Core/ Mobile Broadband platforms, towards achieving a cost effective and optimal network design for the timely deployment of quality products and services in line with the business strategic objectives.
- Define the optimal network topology for the Packet Core/ Mobile Broadband platforms(e.g. SGSN, GGSN, MME, SGw, PGw, W@P Gw, Radius Servers, DNS Servers, Data Optimization Nodes etc.) for the deployment of Data/Multimedia solutions and services to give MTNN competitive advantage.
- Execute prompt provisioning of network capacity for all the Packet Core/ Mobile Broadband network elements, features and protocols.
- Design and ensure the dimensioning of Packet Core/ Mobile Broadband Network as well as new products and services to support marketing product.
- Plan, design and seek management’s approval for the implementation of future Data and Multimedia Solutions.
- Support the planning and designing of network architecture to optimally serve the growth of Packet Core/ Mobile Broadband Network in terms of traffic, subscribers and value added service capacity.
- Carryout feasibility studies for new products and produce a technical report to assist management make business decisions.
- Conduct analysis of network model outputs and traffic patterns to evaluate model and proffer solution if necessary within the Packet Core/ Mobile Broad band environment.
- Design and plan the evolution of Data/Multimedia Solutions, such as Mobile Data, WAP,GPRS, Gy, Gx, Wifi, Wimax and other Third Party applications and services.
- Produce Functional and Technical Specification documents for new products and services.
- Ensure customer engagement
- Participate in cross functional meetings with key stakeholders involved in the development and deployment of new Value Added Services in order to define best solutions for new products and services.
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- Open plan office
Experience & Training
- A First Degree in Electrical/Electronics , Computer Engineering or similar discipline
- Experience in products and services development and a good understanding of Mobile data services & roadmaps Knowledge of signaling systems C7, MAP, SMPP, WAP, XML, HTTP, Diameter, GTP, etc.
- Experience with Statistics models and trending using Analytic/Modeling tools
- Basic knowledge of the Online & Offline Charging Networks and Packet Core Network Platforms
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area ofspecialisation; with experience working with others
- Experience working in a medium organization
- Experience with GSM, EDGE,WCDMA, HSDPA, HSPA, LTENetworks, Offload Technologies etc Technical experience in planning, design and working with GGSN, SGSN, W@P Gw, PCRF, Evolved Packet CoreMMSC and other DATA platforms
- Packet Core/Mobile Broadband nodes dimensioning GSM System Overview GPRS network Overview UMTS/WCDMA Network Overview LTE/EPC Network Overview Mobile intelligent network (MIN) overview
- Charging systems overview GSM statistics handling Signaling and communication network Network monitoring application training Project management MS officeapplications
- BEd, BEng, BSc, BTech or HND
Deadline: 30th March, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online