We are recruiting to fill the below position below:
Job Title: National Policy Economist, Seconded to ECOWAS
Tracking Code: 20120364
- IFDC North and West Africa is seeking to recruit a National Policy Economist for its program “Enhancing Growth through Regional Agricultural Input Systems (EnGRAIS)” to be implemented in the West Africa sub-region.
- The National Policy Economist will be seconded to ECOWAS and will be responsible for liaising with ECOWAS and other regional institutions to support the implementation of the EnGRAIS program.
- The National Policy Economist seconded to ECOWAS will be supervised by and report to the program’s CoP.
- He/she may also be called to perform other duties assigned by the CoP as deemed necessary to support the achievement of the program’s overall objective.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both English and French
- Competence in the use of computers and MS Office software
- Ability to work independently with little or no supervision
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated ethics, integrity and sound judgment;
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work with staff and counterparts from different countries and cultural backgrounds
- A Master’s degree in Agricultural Policy, Agricultural Economics, Economics or a related field.
- Ability and availability to travel to other countries as required.
- At least five years of professional work experience, preferably in agricultural policy with government or international donor-funded projects/programs in the areas of fertilizer, food security.
- Work experience in ECOWAS Member States (required) and with regional institutions (preferred).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Liaise with ECOWAS officials, particularly in the Agriculture Department, regarding regional initiatives and issues related to the agricultural inputs and particularly fertilizer sector.
- Facilitate ECOWAS/IFDC coordination on planned fora, meetings, initiatives and implementation.
- Advocate, as appropriate and needed, on behalf of USAID/IFDC initiatives;
- Provide at least monthly updates on all ECOWAS activities related to USAID/IFDC ongoing work and current and potential initiatives; and
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the COP of EnGRAIS or his designee.
Deadline: 23rd March, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online