IHS Towers is the largest independent mobile telecommunications infrastructure provider in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Founded in 2001, IHS provides services across the full tower value chain – colocation on owned towers, deployment and managed services.
Today IHS Towers has operations in Nigeria, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Zambia and Rwanda. Following the recent acquisitions of MTN and Etisalat’s tower portfolios in Nigeria, IHS owns over 23,300 towers in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Real Estate and Facility Manager
Reports To: Head, Real Estate and Facility Management
- This role is responsible for managing the operations and maintenance of all facilities in-use, as well as various contractors, to ensure the effective delivery of facility-related services which meet or exceed customer expectations.
- The role also manages activities related to the provision of office supplies and logistics support, and negotiates with contractors for the provision of various facilities management services.
Education & Experience
- B.Sc in relevant field.
- A qualification in engineering plus professional certification is an added advantage.
- Define facilities guidelines and policies, including policies related to leased buildings, sites, etc to ensure policies are implemented.
- Manage the provisioning of services for Group Head-Office staff (e.g. telephone extensions and sets, office furniture allocation/ relocation, IT services and equipment, other office equipment, etc.)
- Manage fixed assets (e.g. furniture, office equipment, etc.)
- Develop capital equipment plans for replacement, modification, or acquisition of new equipment, to ensure that all equipment meets the quality standards for operational condition.
- Manage the effective planning and allocation of all resources and implementation of appropriate standards and controls to ensure that all facilities management activities meet or exceed customer expectations and Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Demonstrate comprehensive understanding of relevant global/regional trends and best practices in the industry/segment.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key internal and external stakeholders
- Document the company’s short- and long-term infrastructure/ facility requirements.
- Participate in the acquisition and/ or leasing of facilities to meet the identified needs of the
- Manage contractors for various administrative services e.g. cleaning services, mail, catering, etc. in the business.
- Manage facilities’ maintenance, repair, renovation etc. and manage contractors for cleaning services, gardening, security, mail distribution, etc
- Manage the lease contracts of any rented/leased buildings/assets/sites for business (e.g. renewal, etc.
- Monitor and manage the payment process (e.g. office leases, contractor payments, etc.)
- Manage the administration of all meetings and conference facilities.
- Provide inputs to the administration of facilities maintenance contracts/ lease agreements.
- Assist to ensure the maintenance of equipment, utilities, office facilities and other property/real estate.
- Ensure that facility management practices align with defined health, safety, and environment standards
- Facilitate regular facility status checks/ logs across the organization and ensure adequate and timely tracking, maintenance, and provision of utilities.
- Liaise with procurement division for the procurement of diesel for the generators.
- Manage the storage of diesel and ensure adequate monitoring of stock level.
- Organize the monitoring and tracking of facility/utility/property status across the organization.
- Coordinate office cleaning, gardening, and other janitorial services by relevant vendors.
Application Deadline 27th March, 2018.
Job Title: Technical Audit Expert
Reports To: Senior Technical Audit Expert
- Manage assigned tasks in the optimization of network services at all IHS installations (Network sites and office buildings) (Process)
- Provide support to all active vendors to ensure enhanced customer experience/ revenue assurance. (Customer)
- Interdepartmental collaboration – interface with other departments within Technology Group (Customer).
- Client/ Customer collaboration – interface with Network services departments within assigned customer portfolio. (Customer)
- Interface with Security team to research technologies for protecting on-site facilities.
- Develop medium – and short-range plans and directions for territorial uplift and network performance. (Process)
- Ensure strict adherence to IHS policies and procedures in all assigned tasks. (Process)
- Ensure IHS towers are operated and maintained to best industry practice. (Process)
- Manage 2nd level intervention on major/minor systems faults in the Region. (Process)
- Develop, implement and maintain an efficient knowledge transfer mechanism to regional operations team. (L&P)
- Produce and distribute weekly/monthly reports on all audited sites within IHS portfolio. (Process)
- Ensure continuous improvement of processes and procedures to foster efficiency and power systems optimization. (Process)
- Ensure optimization of resources in the unit. (Financials)
- Provide 2nd level intervention for regional field services engineers to perform at the highest level, especially in terms of delivery and meeting target deadlines. (L&P)
- Co-ordinate activities and monitor site performance. (Process)
- Identify training needs of field engineers. (L&P)
- Implement the departmental strategy within assigned region.
- Resolves subject matter regardless of the fault type. (Financials)
- Continuously research alternative sources of power, which are cost effective and environmentally friendly. (Financials).
Education and Experience
- B.Sc in Electrical/Electronics, Mechanical Engineering or related courses from a reputable institution
- Project Management courses.
- Five (5) years’ experience in design, implementation and maintenance/management of power/cooling systems.
- Three (3) years in engineering administration in a telecommunication environment.
- Three (3) years’ supervisory experience in active O&M in a telecommunication environment.
- Three (3) years’ experience in Vendor Management – in a telecommunications environment.
- Operational systems and applications:
- MS Environment – Word/MS Excel
- Communication Skills (Oral & Written)
- Problem solving abilities.
- Analytical skills
- Interpersonal skills
Application Deadline 20th March, 2018.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and Cover Letter to: email@example.com indicating in the subject bar the name and location of the role.