The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, independent, humanitarian organization working on all aspects of the refugee cause in more than 30 countries throughout the world. The aim of DRC is to protect refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) against persecution and to promote durable solutions to the problems of forced migration, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC works in accordance with the UN Conventions on Refugees and the Code of Conduct for the ICRC and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Nutrition Officer
Location: Mubi, Adamawa
- To be successful in this role we expect you to knowledgable on nutrtion and food security programming, particually within an INGO context.
- You should have both project and people management skills, as well as the flexibility to work with competing priorities.
- Team work and motivation is a must.. All employees should master DRC’s core competencies: Communicating, Taking the lead, Collaborating, Striving for excellence and Demonstrating integrity.
Main duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the Emergency manager & the senior officer to develop, coordinate and manage a Food/Nutrition Distribution project in line with proposals, strategies and donor requirements.
- Assist the EM to manage, train and develop the Food/Nutrition Distribution team on nutrition screening and distribution
- Ensure high technical quality and transparent processes
- Assist the EM to represent Food/Nutrition distribution project in internal and external forums
- Assist the EM in project documentation, conducting of field assessments, profiling, distribution and community sensitization
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees and explore and asses new and better ways to assist
- Relevant higher education at college level on nutrition and health.
- Experience from working as a nutritionist Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Minimum 3 years of working experience in a humanitarian/recovery context within Nutrition program, preferably with an international NGO
- Proven experience from registration, verification and distribution in emergency relief operations is a strong advantage
- Strong understanding of protection principles and likely protection concerns arising in the Nigerian context as well as conflict sensitivity
- Computer skills (primarily MS Office applications), especially Microsoft Excel.
- Solid experience in staff management in a cross-cultural environment required
- Experience in complex emergencies and the ability to live and work in a very remote environment
- Ability to work under pressure and without daily supervision
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal and have a sound knowledge of the local languages of Maiduguri
- Remains productive when under pressure with ability to prioritise effectively, and respects and adheres to deadlines.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Email application software Languages:
- Knowledge of the context in rural Nigeria
- Contract length: 6 months
- Level: SB3
- Start date: 10th April, 2018.
Deadline: 3rd April, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online