Ongoing Recruitment in a Large Nigerian Bank
GVA Partners – Our client, a large Bank in Lagos, is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Application Developers (JAVA)
- The application developer role is a technology focused role intended to provide software development and analysis services to the group.
- This role is best suited to candidates with proven experience building production, commercial-quality web based solutions with technologies like JAVA, .NET and related technologies and also strong in depth SQL-Server development experience.
- Applicants must be comfortable with advanced SQL syntax, SQL Server development, SQL and Oracle Databases.
- The candidate needs to be flexible and open to new ideas or change with the passion and drive to excel in their career.
- He must be self-directed, organized, and extremely attentive to details. Must have an understanding of agile methodology, iterative development processes, SDLC and have strong OOD and OOA skills.
The Application Developer will be expected to have aptitudes, skills, knowledge and experience on the following areas:
- Demonstrable analytical skills with regard to specifying and detailing business processes and requirements.
- 5+ years of relevant object-oriented application building experience in a professional environment
- Delivery experience with .NET framework, including C#, ADO.NET, LINQ and ASP.NET.
- 5+ years delivery experience with Java.
- Extensive experience with SQL Server (2005/2008/2012).
- Extensive experience in the use of Oracle Database.
- Experience with SQL data business intelligence (OLAP, etc…) preferred
- Practical experience in Agile development methodologies
- Formulation, management and execution of data test strategies, plans and delivery commitments in concert with business and project management efforts.
- Mobile and web service development experience
- Experience with ticketing systems (e.g.; JIRA, Bugzilla) and managed workflows
- Strong familiarity with source control systems (e.g. Team Suite)
The Application Developer will often be challenged with new problems to which they will need to rely on strong problem solving skills to resolve:
- The ability to accurately identify the cause of a system/application malfunction, interpret that to management and their colleagues, document and propose resolutions
- Fully understand structured methodologies (e.g. Agile) for using programming code to solve business problems
- Ensure all changes and implementations are well tested and managed in a controlled manner with full rollback plans
- Correctly identify when assistance is required and request it accordingly
- Collaborate with the wider team in matters where their support is required.
- People Management and Development
The successful will also be required to possess the following:
- The ability to work well within a team and as part of a larger overall technology team
- They should display strong collaborative characteristics
Experience and Qualifications
Ideal candidate should have:
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.SB.A), Computer Science, Computer or Electronic Engineering or similar disciplines.
- 5 – 8 years delivery experience with Java or .NET technologies
- Extensive experience with Oracle database.
Job Title: Microsoft 365 Collaboration Specialist
- We are seeking an Office 365 Collaboration and Enterprise Content Management (ECM) professional with 6 YEARS + experience to join our client’s team.
- This is a position that requires a professional with expertise in Productivity and Collaboration tools with the ability to implement projects from planning and design, implementation and migration, to production rollout and support.
The ideal candidate will have experience in:
- Implementing various sized SharePoint solutions like Portals and Collaboration, Search, Document Management, Share Point and Service Management.
- The ability to work with organizational leaders, users and other team members to drive the architected solution.
- Ability to communicate technical and non-technical information clearly and provide efficient Collaboration and ECM solutions to problems.
- Provide advanced support for Office 365 and SharePoint configuration and business process automation solutions.
- Office 365 and SharePoint Administration including installation and configuration of SharePoint and 3rd party solutions Assist Solution Lead in driving marketing and community awareness.
- Experience at installing and configuring Windows Server 2012 and SQL Server 2012 or higher and Internet Information Services (IIS) SQL Server database design and implementation experience.
- Experience with troubleshooting and resolving system problems, including permissions issues, authentication problems, and network connectivity issues.
- Windows Server 2012 Active Directory infrastructure, and domain management including use of the Sites and Services and the Domains and Trusts applets,
- Backup and restore processes, shadow copies, and the recovery console of Windows Server 2012
- Ability to be a solution consultant on small and large projects.
- Extensive knowledge of SharePoint Search architecture.
- Microsoft Azure Cloud computing platform.
- Develop and present solution documentation.
- Providing technical assistance and guidance to junior team members.
Job Title: Windows/Desktop Specialist
- The ideal candidate will be responsible for providing specialist desktop services support (i.e. maintenance, development and security) and also participate as a member of the Technical Services team to ensure the successful integration and delivery of IT services. The right candidate will possess a high skill level in supporting the environments at an enterprise level.
- Provide expert level (level 3) support for desktops, pcs, laptops, printers, scanners and associated software.
- Install operating systems/applications on users’ workstations and provide Active Directory, DHCP & DNS Support.
- Troubleshoot and repair basic LAN, WAN and internet issues at various locations specified within domain
- Create and re-set user accounts on Domain and Active Directory servers.
- Provide post -implementation support, guidance and advice to the user community.
- Investigate and coordinate the resolution of potential and actual service problems identified by the Desktop Services team or escalated through the incident management process.
- Evaluate and develop desktop fault corrections, site-specific modifications and work-around updating system documentation accurately and consistently
- Develop maintenance schedules and procedures, using application management software tools and techniques to investigate problems, collect performance statistics and create reports
- Collaborate with other team members in end user support to integrate technologies with appropriate systems and applications across the organisation.
- Recommend improvements and contribute to the implementation of agreed changes, architecture and design structures, tools and maintenance routines.
- Prepare and maintain operational documentation for OS and application software, providing advice where necessary on the correct and effective use of application software.
- Develop, maintain and document detailed knowledge of desktop management and process improvement, updating configuration management records where necessary.
- Provide appropriate status reports to team members, managers and users
- Contribute to project plans for the implementation of upgrades and developments to systems and services.
- 8+ years working experience with MS Office, Web/Internet technologies Windows 2000/XP/Vista Patch Management, Citrix, Anti-virus, Windows 200X Server, Enterprise Service Desk.
- Exceptional skills in the implementation and support of the following applications: Windows 2000/XP/VISTA/7/8.1,Operating System Patch management.
- Windows Server 2008,2008 R2, 2012, 2012 r2 and MS Exchange 2010.
- A good Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electronic Engineering or any related discipline.
- Cluster support and fail-over experience
- Basic Network security knowledge.
- Knowledgeable in Active Directory Domain Services.
- Enterprise Service Desk experience
- Antivirus Application experience lockdown and global domain control experience
- Cisco Switches and Routers
- Service Desk Management experience
- Experience in the use of remote network management tools: lockdown and global domain control services.
- Deep knowledge of MS SCCM,
- Hands on experience with MS imaging software solutions such as MS Deployment tool kit, Ghost,Acronis etc.
- Enterprise-level experience.
- Ability to support a variety of technologies and systems independently, resolve problems and pro-actively communicate solutions.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Exhibit a thorough approach to quality issues and documentation.
- Good sense of customer orientation and team working
- Demonstrated desire and ability to effectively learn new technology-committed to continuous learning and development on the job through self-study and formal courses.
Deadline: 29th March, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send an updated CV in MS Word format to: email@example.com with subject: Application Developer ( JAVA) or (.NET )depending on your preferred language.