Pharmacy Supervisor Vacancy at Medecins Sans Frontieres
Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Pharmacy Supervisor
- Degree in Pharmacy (B.Sc) management is essential, or Diploma in Pharmacy or registered nurse with pharmacy management experience
- At least 1 year certified work experience in pharmacy stock management
Scope of Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Ensuring general functioning of the pharmacy and supervising pharmacy supply chain processes in accordance with MSF standards, protocols and procedures, in order to ensure its efficiency and operating availability.
- Supervising the supply of drugs to patients, according to medical prescriptions, informing them on consumption patterns and keeping conditions in order to ensure their therapeutic progression.
- Ensuring efficient supply to other pharmacies managed/supported by MSF according to orders and stocks, and using cold chain when needed. Monitoring and analysing orders of depending pharmacies in order to avoid ruptures of stock or having expired drugs.
- Supervising, with the medical team leader, the associated processes (sizing, staff shifts, recruitment, training, performance evaluation, development and internal communication) of the pharmaceutical team and the nursing staff, in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required and to improve their dispensing capabilities and following up the sides effects (Pharmacovigilance).
- Recording all items received and issued in the tools (stock cards and Isystock: e-tool) and reporting on drug consumptions and medical equipment dispensed according to protocols, informing on unusual patterns as well as forecasting future needs, in order to rationalise the budget and to ensure availability.
- Defining storage, stock management and supply processes, as well as hygiene and security procedures, tools, and protocols (controlling pests and rodents), implementing appropriate quality controls and records, in order to ensure good storage conditions (temperatures, humidity and light exposure) and availability of drugs and medical material, according to MSF protocols, national regulations and in cooperation with the logistics department.
- Coordinating the delivery, reception and recording of international and local orders, in close coordination with the logistics department, updating stock files and informing line managers on their status (shortfalls, over-stocking, expiry dates), in order to permanently ensure security stock levels and ensure efficient management of stock.
- Supervising orders of medical and drug material in order to ensure an efficient and appropriate consumption pattern under budget constraints.
Deadline: 4th April, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications (containing the below documents and information) to: firstname.lastname@example.org Using “Pharmacy Supervisor April 2018” as the subject of the mail.
Applications must be in English and include:
- Complete CV and Copies of all certificates and diplomas mentioned in the CV.
- Updated contact details and ID
- Contact information of the previous employer/s for reference.
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer, both men and women are encouraged to apply.
- MSF thanks all the candidates for their interest in this position.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.