Michael and Cecilia Ibru University (MCIU), Agbarha-Otor, is a private university in Nigeria. It was licensed by the Federal Government on 5th of March, 2015 and it commenced full academic activities in October 2015. MCIU is a university that is committed to the reduction of poverty by raising well rounded scholars who would be builders of any society in which they find themselves.
Applications are hereby invited from suitably qualified candidates for the position below:
Job Title: University Librarian
- The University Librarian is responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the overall administration of the University Library, its branches, extension and providing services for the entire University community.
- The University Librarian will be required to administer the Rode Cecil Library System and develop it to meet the University’s increasing needs.
- The University Librarian is a Principal Officer and the head of the Rode Cecil Library. Candidates for the post shall be visionary, have ability to provide good leadership and command respect and loyalty of staff of the University.
- Candidates must also possess personal Integrity and demonstrate transparency in private and public life.
Qualifications and Experience
- Also, the candidate should have at least fifteen (15) years post-graduate experience, 10 years of which should be in senior management position in the university. Preference would be given to candidates holding the position of Deputy Librarian in a university or comparable institution;
- Candidates must also show evidence of considerable scholarship and thorough understanding of the application of new technologies to Library operations and services. Computer literacy and knowledge of the application of ICT in library services are essential requirements;
- In addition, candidates must show sufficient evidence of contribution to knowledge through research and scholarly publications in reputable journals within and outside Nigeria. Competence in job planning, organization and ability to take initiatives to fast track the development of a young university library to an international standards within a short period of time.
- Candidates should possess a good honours degree (not below Second Class) and a Doctorate in Library and Information Science (this is an academic post of professional ranking. Therefore, it is absolutely necessary for the suitable candidate to hold the PhD degree);
Applicants for the position of University Librarian must possess the following credentials:
- He/she must be a distinguished scholar with exceptional academic and administrative records;
- He/she must be a tested and trusted manager of both human and material resources;
- He/she must have an in-depth knowledge and understanding of the vision and mission of the university;
- d. He/she must be able to attract research grants and complimentary funds from local and international agencies and thereby uplifting the academic status of the university;
- He/she should have excellent oral and written communication skills;
- He/she should articulate and ensure the enforcement of the university’s laws and regulations;
- He/she must be physically and mentally sound;
- He/she must be highly proficient in the use of computer and be committed to the development of ICT into the programmes and services of the University;
- He/she must not be above fifty-five (55) years of age by October, 2018.
- He/she must be accountable and should possess the required integrity in the management of resources appropriately;
- He/she must demonstrate inter-personal and team building skills;
- He/she must be a leader who by his pedigree, is likely to command the respect and loyalty of both staff and students of the university;
Tenure of Office
- The University Librarian shall hold office for a single, non-renewable term of five (5) years.
Salary and Conditions of Service
The successful applicant would be placed on consolidated salary with relevant fringe benefits and would equally enjoy the allowances normally attached to the position of Principal Officers of Nigerian Universities and other benefits as approved by the Governing Council of the University.
Deadline: 3rd April, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit ten (10) copies of their applications and Curriculum Vitae to:
Michael and Cecilia Ibru University (MCIU),
Agbarha-Otor, PMB, 100,
Such applications should contain the following information:
- Name in full
- Position applied for:
- Place and date of birth
- State of Origin
- Permanent home address
- Current postal address
- Number and ages of children
- Degrees to include institutions attended with dates
- Any other qualifications and distinctions
- Work experience (including full details of former and present post and current salary)
- Other activities outside current employment
- List of publications with names of joumals and dates
- Full details of teaching and research experience
- Extra-Curricular activities
- Proposed date of availability if successful
- Names and addresses of three (3) referees
Note: The applicant should also include photocopies of all credentials. Applicants are requested to inform their referees to send confidential report on them in sealed envelopes marked ‘Referee’s Report’ at the left hand corner of the envelop directly to the Registrar, Michael and Cecilia Ibru University, Agbarha-Otor, Delta State, Nigeria.