GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Utilities Communication Sales Manager
Ref Id: 3078202
Job Function: Sales
Business Segment: Power Grid Solutions
- The primary responsibility of the role is to grow sales and the customer base in the critical mission Telecom domain within Power Utilities customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science, Engineering, Technology or related discipline.
- Proven track record of account management and sales success, with strong minimum experience.
- Manages and possesses working knowledge and skillset in private Telecommunications solutions for Utilities.
- Understand the various financial instruments used by customers to conduct business.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Must be willing to travel 50% of time
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume)
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria
- Strong interpersonal skills, including creativity and curiosity with ability to effectively communicate and influence solution direction to both technical and non-technical audiences alike across all organizational levels.
- Ability to develop and execute on growth plans while meeting short term business objectives.
- In collaboration with the product line organization as well as the other GE business areas develop the direct and indirect (Pull through Power substations) business & customer relations, and transform into an order pipeline for telecommunications products and services addressing the private operational network of the power utilities within Africa.
- The person will also be designated specific accounts to manage directly.
- Targets will be defined for both Sales quota in the assigned territory and Sales quota for the accounts managed directly.
- Opportunities amount varies from hundreds K$ to M$ for turn key projects. Range of the market to be addressed is 50M$ targeting 25 % of Market Share.
Other key responsibilities are:
- Team to focus on our Utilities Communications products and services for named accounts or territory. ( Optical networks , Power line carier technologies, Dedicated telecom products, Radios, microwaves, PABX, …)
- Build an opportunity pipeline and select, address and win on existing and new customers.
- Establish, cultivate and maintain customer relations at appropriate decision-maker levels.
- Maintain strong commercial relationship during the delivery of our systems towards the customers
- Monitor, analyze, and understand market activities to continuously update the business on all region dynamics including in-depth competitive assessments.
- Assist in the go-to-market strategy for new products, services or offerings.
- Orchestrate the answers to RFP and spontaneous or unsolicited offers with respect to the process in place.
- Support Negotiations of contracts and close deals.
- Provide detailed and accurate sales forecasting; compile information and data related to customer and prospect interactions;
- Develop plans and strategies for developing business and achieving the company’s Orders/CCM goals – Pipeline generation with leads identifications
- Pro-actively listen, learn and empower others to be successful and to inspire and lead to drive accountability and to deliver results with absolute integrity
- Be responsible for earning customer trust through solid execution – establish win/win partnerships and deepen relationships.
- Implement the execution framework on identified opportunities, which includes the orders forecasting to deal closure.
- Manage assigned initiatives to maximize long-term to maximize profitability.
- Create processes to seek new and / or additional income / business development opportunities.
- Develop effective market and transactional strategies inline with the business objectives.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online