NetPro International Limited RC375889 was incorporated in Nigeria in the year 2000 and has since evolved to become a truly innovative, customer-focused international technology solutions company. With Corporate Head Office in Abuja FCT, NetPro has established presence and strategic partnerships in Ireland, United Kingdom and the United States of America. Our track record of excellence in bespoke technology service provision, outstanding customer service, operational efficiency, flexible costing model and 360o support framework has indeed set us apart from our competitors.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Software Developer
Location: South-East, Nigeria (transfer at the companies discretion subject to relevant company transfer policies)
Reports to: The General Manager or nominee
Probation for: 6 Months
- Perform complex programming, software development and analysis work typically involving multiproject leadership or broad responsibility in complex work environment. Contribute to all phases of a project, including systems analysis, program design, development, and implementation
- Work on systems and programs typically covering two or more functions, large single functions, or major portions of large functions, interfacing with other complex systems and programs. Provide innovative programming and analysis skills and leadership.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering and five years of relevant experience, or a combination of education and relevant experience
- Experience in Educational Technologies (Student Information Systems, Learning Management Systems, e-Library Systems etc.) is an advantage.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies and programming tools.
- Demonstrated experience in designing, developing, testing, and deploying applications.
- Strong understanding of data design, architecture, relational databases, and data modelling.
- Thorough understanding of all aspects of software development life cycle and quality control practices.
- Ability to define and solve logical problems for highly technical applications.
- Strong communication skills with both technical and non-technical clients.
- Demonstrated experience leading activities on structured team development projects.
- Ability to select, adapt, and effectively use a variety of programming methods.
- Ability to recognize and recommend needed changes in user and/or operations procedures.
- Strong background in Object Oriented Analysis and Design, Python, QT, GUI design, Model View Control, Design Patterns, Best-practice Software Development Cycle and Frameworks.
- Project management skills
- Familiarity with the Motif/X-Window tool kit
- Experience with EPICS.
- Experience with Continuous test and integration concepts and tools.
- Strong background and experience with C/C++.
- Experience in developing control systems software applications on a Linux platform using C and/or C++ including common open source technologies.
- Strong working knowledge of client/server Linux, scripting, relational database design, Eclipse IDE, JVM, SQL, JDBC/Relational DB, ant, HTML, XML, J2EE application servers.
- Demonstrated experience using process oriented approach to complete responsibilities.
- Effective Decisions: Uses job knowledge and solid judgment to make quality decisions in a timely manner.
- Self-Development: Pursues a variety of venues and opportunities to continue learning and developing. Self-motivated.
- Dependability: Can be counted on to deliver results with a sense of personal responsibility for expected outcomes.
- Initiative: Pursues work and interactions proactively with optimism, positive energy, and motivation to move things forward.
- Adaptability: Flexes as needed when change occurs, maintains an open outlook while adjusting and accommodating changes.
- Communication: Ensures effective information flow to various audiences and creates and delivers clear, appropriate written, spoken, presented messages.
- Relationships: Builds relationships to foster trust, collaboration, and a positive climate to achieve common goals.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sit, grasp lightly/fine manipulation.
- Occasionally stand/walk, writing by hand.
- Rarely use a telephone, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Oversee the support, maintenance, operation, and upgrades of applications.
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex technical problems.
- Review the physical design of existing systems for optimizing performance.
- Lead projects, as necessary, for special systems and application development in areas of complex problems.
- Work with other technical professionals to develop standards and implement best practices.
- Lead on-going improvements in Service Delivery and Programme Governance, in particular, stakeholder engagement and change management.
- Other duties may also be assigned
- Propose, conceptualize, design, implement, and develop solutions for difficult and complex applications independently.
- Oversee testing, debugging, change control, and documentation for major projects.
- Supervise professional staff, as necessary, working on all phases of application development projects.
- Engage in long-term strategic planning.
- Define complex application development administration and programming standards.
- May work extended hours, evening and weekends.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the company website and internal document stores.
- Attractive Salary and Professional Development Opportunities
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline 30th March, 2018.