Team Leader Job at ACDI/VOCA Nigeria
ACDI/VOCA – For over 50 years and in 146 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society. ACDI/VOCA currently has approximately 34 projects in 26 countries and revenues of approximately $174 million.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Leader
- ACDI/VOCA is recruiting a Team Leader for an agricultural value chain project being implemented in multiple states in northern Nigeria.
- The project office will be located in either Zaria, Kaduna or Kano, Nigeria. English proficiency is required; Hausa competence is desired.
- ACDI/VOCA requires 10 years of experience in the implementation and management of agricultural value chain projects.
- The position is long term (two – three years) and requires travel in northern Nigeria.
- 10 years of professional management experience, ideally with agricultural value chain projects.
- Profound knowledge of and international work experience in management of agricultural support services
- Experience implementing multidonor procedures, policies, and reporting requirements.
- Advanced (at least a Master’s) degree from a recognized University in Management, Agricultural Development, Agriculture, Agricultural Economics, Economics, Business, or other pertinent fields desired.
- Established track record of achieving results within difficult working environments.
- Oral, written, and spoken English fluency required.
- Hausa competency desired
The overall task of the Team Leader is to provide continuity and leadership of all project technical and operational activities. In this role, the Team Leader shall:
- Provide overall leadership and technical direction for the program, including leading the strategic planning, implementation and reporting.
- Design, develop and implement strategies and project work plans to improve productivity, strengthen market linkages, and expand access to markets for farmers.
- Ensure ACDI/VOCA meets all deliverables of the highest quality and on time.
- Serve as the principal liaison with program and technical staff, government partners, and private sector value participants and service providers.
- Lead efforts to collect, synthesize and disseminate clear information through technical reports and periodic progress reports.
- Develop professional relationships, and further program goals and objectives.
- Oversee program administration, human resources management, budget pipeline, and finances, ensuring compliance with ACDI/VOCA policies and procedures.
- Communicate effectively with other project managers, donors, and other indigenous and international NGOs to ensure positive visibility of project activities.
Deadline: 4th September, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- No phone calls please.
- Only finalists will be contacted.
- Women, minorities, and local nationals encouraged to apply.