DevTech Systems, Inc. (DevTech) is an international consulting firm and small business dedicated to development, with over 30 years of experience providing advisory services and technical assistance to government, private sector, and civil society stakeholders in more than 100 countries. We are a data driven organization that specializes in informing policy making by delivering focused data-driven evidence-based analysis products and services. DevTech core practice areas include: Economic and Data analysis, Monitoring and Evaluation, Education and Youth Development, Gender and Inclusive Development, and Public Financial Management.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Team Leader/Evaluation Specialist (STTA)
Job Type: Full Time
Project Summary/Job Description
USAID/Nigeria contracted DevTech Systems on a four-year activity known as the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Program, which is designed to provide USAID and its implementing partners with continuous, on-the-ground, on-demand and systematic support on performance monitoring, data verification, impact and performance evaluations, project and activity level monitoring, evaluation and learning plans, organizational learning, capacity building, and knowledge management.
The MEL Program is recruiting for a Team Leader/Evaluation Specialist for the Challenge TB (CTB) evaluation.
Challenge TB (CTB) is a USAID funded program and one of the main global mechanisms to support USAID’s current strategy for TB control. CTB’s goal is to strengthen TB services to improve prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and care, especially for vulnerable and high-risk populations, by utilizing US government funding and leveraging other available resources to implement innovative strategies that will yield the best results.
- Availability and willingness to be in Nigeria for up to six weeks, beginning in February till March 2018
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in evaluation design, data collection, analysis, and reporting writing, including both quantitative and qualitative experience
- Relevant sector experience in public health. Experience in TB intervention programs in developing countries will be an advantage
- Demonstrated experience leading program evaluations utilizing both quantitative and qualitative methods
- Experience as a Team Lead in developing country context, preferably sub-Saharan Africa
- Familiarity with USAID health programs and USAID’s evaluation policies and guidance included in the USAID Automated Directive System (ADS) in Chapter 200
- Strong technical/evaluation report writing and communication/presentation skills
- Proficient and native-level fluency in English
- Excellent skills in consensus building, planning, facilitation and ability to keep to a timeline
- Ability to interact with host government officials, civil society partners, and other stakeholders
- Provide team leadership, manage team’s activities and ensure all deliverables are met in a timely manner
- Review of background documents and preparation work
- Attend team planning meetings and in-brief with USAID
- Develop the workplan and data collection tools, including pre-testing and revisions
- Conduct information and data collection activities in Abuja and several zones for field data collection
- Develop the evaluation report, and preparation and presentation of preliminary findings
- Conduct exit brief and development of report outline
- Develop the final evaluation report, in consideration and inclusion of USAID’s feedback
- Evaluation work plan
- Evaluation design (protocols)
- In-briefing upon arrival in Abuja, mid-term updates, and final exit briefing
- Draft evaluation report
- Final evaluation report with final PowerPoint presentation according to specified template
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
- This position description should not be construed to imply that the requirements are the exclusive standards of the position nor will it be the sole basis for any subsequent employee evaluations. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, protected veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.