IHS Towers is the largest independent mobile telecommunications infrastructure provider in Europe, Africa and the Middle East. Founded in 2001, IHS provides services across the full tower value chain – colocation on owned towers, deployment and managed services.
Today IHS Towers has operations in Nigeria, Cameroon, Côte d’Ivoire, Zambia and Rwanda. Following the recent acquisitions of MTN and Etisalat’s tower portfolios in Nigeria, IHS owns over 23,300 towers in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Audit Expert
Reports To: Senior Technical Audit Expert
- Manage assigned tasks in the optimization of network services at all IHS installations (Network sites and office buildings) (Process)
- Provide support to all active vendors to ensure enhanced customer experience/ revenue assurance. (Customer)
- Interdepartmental collaboration – interface with other departments within Technology Group (Customer).
- Produce and distribute weekly/monthly reports on all audited sites within IHS portfolio. (Process)
- Ensure continuous improvement of processes and procedures to foster efficiency and power systems optimization. (Process)
- Ensure optimization of resources in the unit. (Financials)
- Provide 2nd level intervention for regional field services engineers to perform at the highest level, especially in terms of delivery and meeting target deadlines. (L&P)
- Co-ordinate activities and monitor site performance. (Process)
- Identify training needs of field engineers. (L&P)
- Implement the departmental strategy within assigned region.
- Client/ Customer collaboration – interface with Network services departments within assigned customer portfolio. (Customer)
- Interface with Security team to research technologies for protecting on-site facilities.
- Develop medium- and short-range plans and directions for territorial uplift and network performance. (Process)
- Ensure strict adherence to IHS policies and procedures in all assigned tasks. (Process)
- Ensure IHS towers are operated and maintained to best industry practice. (Process)
- Manage 2nd level intervention on major/minor systems faults in the Region. (Process)
- Develop, implement and maintain an efficient knowledge transfer mechanism to regional operations team. (L&P)
- Resolves subject matter regardless of the fault type. (Financials)
- Continuously research alternative sources of power, which are cost effective and environmentally friendly. (Financials
Education and Experience
- B.Sc. Electrical/Electronics, Mechanical Engineering or related courses from a reputable institution
- Project Management courses.
- Five (5) years’ experience in design, implementation and maintenance/management of power/cooling systems.
- Three (3) years in engineering administration in a telecommunication environment.
- Three (3) years’ supervisory experience in active O&M in a telecommunication environment.
- Three (3) years’ experience in Vendor Management – in a telecommunications environment.
- Operational systems and applications:
- MS Environment – Word/MS Excel
- Communication Skills (Oral & Written)
- Problem solving abilities.
- Analytical skills
- Interpersonal skills
Deadline: 26th March, 2018.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and Cover Letter to: email@example.com indicating in the subject the name and location of the role.