MP-Infrastructure Ltd. Is a group of companies with presence in over six countries in Africa, with its Head Office in Lagos, Nigeria, is currently seeking applications from suitably qualified candidates, to fill the position below:
Job Title: Technical Business Development Manager
- We are currently looking for a skilled Technical, Business Development Manager (Power/ Utilities) in the company’s to oversee all aspects of Human Resources practices and processes in our Nigerian office situated in Lagos.
- The Tecnnical BD Manager will drive business development in the Transmission, Energy and Power space.
- B.Sc or M.Sc in Power/Energy/Electrical engineering systems design
- MBA or advanced studies equivalent in Solution Selling
- 5+ years’ minimum experience
- Strong organizational, critical thinking and communications skills
- Attention to detail and good judgement
- Must have a good understanding of technology ,Renewable and Hybrid Energy Power Systems Products & Services
- Ability to apply Power technology solutions to real time client problems
- Ability to be flexible and responsive to changing needs of the business and the business environment (locally, regionally and also internationally);
- Must be Sales driven and have ability to develop new products and services
- Proven track record as a high flying numbers carrying Technical Business Development person
- Must have had business development experience within the Power Solutions and infrastructure business sector and developed successful Off grid and Mini grid Solar Power Opportunities
- Experience of driving sales within a leading Power Solutions company will be an added advantage
- Strong ability to quickly understand and playback client business requirements
- Must have strong senior level commercial exposure and be able to prepare high quality responses to complex RFP’s under tight-timelines
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentational skills up to board level
- Ability to identify and develop new business opportunities
- Must be dynamic, intelligent and have an ability to think out of the box
- Must be results driven and focused on achieving business development targets
- Ability to mine business intelligence data/ industry trends and apply it in achieving business objectives
- Assist in formulating the direction and strategy for the Power and Energy business of MP Infrastructure Limited
- Drive new business development of products and services within our Power & Energy business unit cut across Technology, Infrastructure and PPP projects.
- Assist in building relationships with counterparties including financial institutions, regulators, credible suppliers, investors and other stakeholders that may be relevant to MP Infrastructure;
- Contribute in directing the strategy for preparing, developing and submission of the department’s annual budgets, and subsequent presentation to the MPI board;
- Developing and maintaining a strong pipeline of projects in the Power, Infrastructure and Energy pace that MP Infrastructure should track and target investment in the such projects;
- Maintaining strong client business relationship, “market-scan” and implementing commercially astute and strategic solutions for our clients.
- Preparation and delivering of senior management level presentations and follow up activities.
- Undertake financial analysis of potential projects and preparing brief internal reports for the board based on findings;
- Undertake data gathering for model / spreadsheet inputs and working alongside relevant departments / consultants to develop commercial models etc;
- Undertake detailed review of project documents in coordination with relevant departments, consultants, lawyers etc and provide commentary and views as required;
- Monitoring and following up on deliverables being prepared by external consultants on projects and providing input where required;
- Reviewing, summarizing and identification of gaps from independent consultant reports;
- The job holder will need to ensure a long-term planning approach (minimum of 24 / 36 months) is targeted for forward planning purposes;
- Notwithstanding the above, the job holder will need to also ensure shorter task planning is built into overall work especially for public sector related projects and transactions;
- Responsible for ensuring that all our Power business unit sales revenue targets set by the board are met
- Candidate must know how to perform Cost of Electricity analysis using different fuel/ equipment combination.
- Candidate must understand the Nigerian electricity supply industry, including the regulations that govern it.
- Involved in preparation of new business development Power tenders for the business unit.
- Identification and pursuit of appropriate new partnering opportunities and potential business acquisition targets.
- Responsible for the Identification, high quality preparation and timely submission of multiple client requests for quotation and information