United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) is one of Africa’s leading financial institutions, with operations in 19 African countries and 3 global financial centres: London, Paris and New York. From a single country organisation founded in 1949 in Nigeria, UBA has grown to become a Pan-African provider of financial services with over 11 million customers, through close to 1000 business offices and touch points globally.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Internal Communications
Reference No: MCC0012018
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
Contract Type: Permanent
Job Functions: Communications,Editing,Publication
Industries: Banking / Finance & Investment,Financial Services
- The Head of Internal Communications shall be responsible for building and establishing an internal brand across Africa and supporting the alignment of all staff to the organisations visions, goals and products.
- Educational Requirement – B.A Mass Comm. (2.2 minimum)
- Masters degree in a relevant course will be an added advantage
- Experience – Minimum of 15 years experience, of which 5 years must be in a communications role.
- Grade Requirement – DM – SM only
- Excellent writing/Communicating skill
- Desktop publishing
- Computer proficiency
- Policy Development/Implementation
- Knowledge of regulatory guidelines and policies
- Knowledge of trends in the financial services industry
- Supervisory Skills
- Leadership / Supervisory
- Team building / conflict management
- Organization & coordination
- General managerial / administration
- Strategic Focus
- Integrity and Discretion
- Initiative/ Proactive
- Analytical skills / Problem solving
- Resilience, Tenacity and Integrity
- Interpersonal skills
- Communication (oral & written)
Our ideal candidate should be able to:
- Develop to global standards an internal communications strategy and plan for Africa.
- Communicate effectively product and services to staff.
- Create differentiation of the organisation through staff.
- Review and revise content of existing communication platforms.
- Develop and encourage use of feedback mechanism
- Develop and review internal engagement content such company events, presentations and videos, which may then be delivered by top management, Intranet, online or print magazines and newsletters and podcasts.
- Create inter-departmental synergies to enable deliverables by working across executives, marketing and human resources to enable the organisation create brand and product ambassadors of staff.
- Reduce the distance between leadership and staff, reconnect the organisation through internal communication.
- Create synergy between African countries across board, without the country losing their individuality.
- Develop internal channel mix and matrix, introduce innovation as well as improve on existing.
- Use different marketing platforms to engage staff.
- Manage different internal stakeholder groups: build the internal communications architecture – The Who? What? And Why? Of each message.
Deadline: 16th March, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online