University of Port Harcourt – The Institute of Petroleum Studies (IPS) offers programmes for sustainable development of the petroleum industry. It is designed for sustainable development of oil and gas producing host communities. The Institute provides a conducive learning environment, full Internet access, virtual library and hands-on training using one computer per student. Students use State- of- the- art software, industry case studies and undertake field visit. Students are encouraged to live and work together, thus developing team spirit.
2018/2019 Admission into Post Graduate Diploma in Petroleum Technology (PGDPT)
The aim of this operations-oriented Post Graduate Diploma in Petroleum Technology programme, sponsored by NNPC/TOTAL E&P JV, is to improve the technical competence and skills of graduates from the communities in which they operate to make them effective and competitive for recruitment in the petroleum industry.
On completion of this programme, the graduates will among other skills, be able to:
- Effectively use Petroleum Engineering Softwares
- Supervise drilling operations, develop wells and carry out drilling optimization programmes
- Supervise, and evaluate well completion, Work over and well stimulation programmes
- Operate onshore and offshore oil and gas production facilities
- Carry out well performance enhancement programmes
- The duration of the programme shall be 12 calendar months of intensive full time study.
Award of Diploma
- Successful students, at the end of the programme, shall receive a Diploma of the University of Port Harcourt, Nigeria.
- Candidates must possess a minimum of Second Class Honours (Lower Division), Bachelor’s Degree in any branch of Engineering and the Physical/Chemical Sciences and should have completed their NYSC.
- There shall be written test and oral screening to further determine suitability of candidates.
Mode of Study and Examination
- The Mode of Study shall be Modular, and not Semester. Students are expected to offer and pass all taught courses, field/ Laboratory work/visits, seminar and team/ individual industrial projects. Weekly examinations will be administered.
- The students are taught by instructors from the University of Port Harcourt (Uniport) Nigeria, and experts from the petroleum industry both within and outside Nigeria.
- Candidates may also be sponsored by operating companies, service companies, PTDF and other sponsoring agencies. (Note that sponsorship of candidate(s) by any of the participating companies does not guarantee recruitment of such candidate(s) into their Employment at the end of the programme)
Important Dates to Remember
(Any changes will be communicated by e-mail)
- Completed hard copy Application Forms must be returned to the Director, Institute of Petroleum Studies, University of Port Harcourt on or before the closing date below.
- Aptitude Test: July 25, 2018.
- Oral interview: August 22, 2018 at IPS Park
- Names of short-listed candidates will be displayed on IPS Website
- Short-listed candidates will also be contacted by e-mail
Deadline: 13th July, 2018.
A non-refundable application fee of Fifteen Thousand Naira (#15,000) in certified bank draft shall be made payable to the Institute of Petroleum Studies, University of Port Harcourt. Applicants should include a pre-paid FedEx envelope with the draft and collect the form in person. Forms can be filled online from IPS Website and also make payment online.
For Enquiries: Call +234(0)9090624900 or e-mail- Bassey.email@example.com