Greenlight Planet is a social, for-profit business that designs, distributes, and finances solar-powered home energy products, with an underserved population in mind: the 1.3 billion global consumers for whom the old-fashioned electrical grid is either unavailable or too expensive.
Over a decade in business, the company is now a leading global brand in emerging markets across Asia and Sub-Saharan Africa. Greenlight’s Sun King™ products provide modern light and energy to 30 million people in more than 60 countries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Manager, West Africa
Job type: Full-time
Reporting to: Business Development Director, Africa
- The Business Development Manager, West Africa will be responsible for acquiring new large-scale strategic partners, with an emphasis on introducing our energy product lines across all key sectors and large, scale distributors to across West Africa.
- Candidates should have a strong record of consistently exceeding targets and a history of involvement with rapid global rollouts of new business lines.
- These large scale distributors could be from sectors such as Banks/MFIs, Telecom, Solar & Consumer appliances and Agriculture.
- Candidates for this position should have extensive experience in emerging markets with new business development, client management and channel building, and marketing, including experience in the telecom / MNO sector.
RequirementsThe ideal candidate:
- At least six years of sales and business development experience in West Africa, working with product distributors catering to mass-market consumers, including substantial experience in the telecom sector.
- Willingness to spend 40% – 50% of the time on the road, interacting with country-level distribution partners, resellers, customers and partners
- Passion for Greenlight’s social mission of bringing innovative, trustworthy, renewable energy and to underserved consumers
- Comfort working independently and remotely in a lean environment
- Preference to work hands-on in the field, to understand the ins and outs of a new business
- An outgoing personality and history building strong relationships both internally and externally
- A strong record of acquiring new, strategic accounts and growing new business lines.
- A deeper domain knowledge & understanding of consumer financing, off-grid solar and telecom sector.
- A strong entrepreneurial spirit and excitement about the opportunity to creatively build effective, non-traditional sales channels in a nascent product category
- Written and oral fluency in English and French
- Identifies new business opportunities by leveraging existing network, researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements; tracking individual contributors and their accomplishments.
- Screens potential business deals by analysing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities; recommending equity investments.
- Develops negotiating strategies and positions by studying integration of new venture with company strategies and operations; examining risks and potentials; estimating partners’ needs and goals.
- Closes new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Works seamlessly across multiple, cross-functional and cross cultural teams at Greenlight Planet to ensure a best in class customer experience while setting up new businesses.
- Is able to establish contacts and work with senior-most levels of leadership within the potential partner organization effectively and strike long-term, mutually beneficial relationships.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online