Greymate Care was set up to meet the needs of the elderly in Nigeria . We provide professional care and support for those requiring residential care, convalescence, palliative and respite care.
If you’re passionate about providing the very best care in a residential care home setting, consider a move to Greymate Care. We provide expert nursing, residential and specialist care to around 18,000 people in over 300 Nigerian homes. Our aim? To help each and every one of them to live longer, healthier and happier lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Care Assistant
- Right now, we’re looking for an enthusiastic and committed Care Assistant to join the team in Lagos (mainland and Island).
- Whether providing long or short-term care that includes convalescence, respite and palliative care, our focus is on providing the highest quality service at all times. Is yours?
What you’ll be doing
- As a Key Worker under the guidance of a Registered Nurse, taking responsibility for the physical and emotional well being and social needs of our residents
- Assisting residents with personal care activities such as washing, personal hygiene, dressing and assisting with meals
- Providing physical and mental stimulation by taking part in recreational and social activities with residents, both individually and as a group
- Helping to maintain accurate records, undertaking ongoing training and getting involved in welcoming and training new staff
- Generally promoting our service users’ independence, choice, dignity and respect by delivering the very best standards of care
What we’ll offer you in return
- A competitive starting salary with the opportunity to increase this through training and development
- Refer a friend scheme
- Uniform provided
- Pension and Life Assurance scheme available
- 20 days annual leave
- Recognition schemes including personal bests and annual Home Care Awards
- Comprehensive induction and on-going training and development
- Competitive staff benefits such as weekly offers and discounts
What you’ll need
- Ideally, some experience in a care environment, although this is not as essential as your genuine desire to develop a career in this field
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well as part of a dedicated team
- A respectful, courteous and compassionate nature and a willingness to undertake any aspects of care or non-care duties
- A belief in giving your personal best at all times and striving for continuous improvement
Application Deadline 13th April, 2018.