Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact – the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved – and is committed to continuing to improve – economies, societies and most importantly, people’s lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Chief of Party – Nigeria Agriculture Competitiveness
- A Master’s Degree in Agricultural Science, Business, Economics, Marketing, Trade or other relevant graduate Degree
- 10 years or more of progressively responsible work experience in managing complex development programs.
- Prior USAID Chief of Party experience required, on complex agriculture and/or economic growth projects.
- Visionary leader with demonstrated ability to inspire others to achieve project goals.
- Prior experience in Nigeria and/or West Africa is required.
- Fluency in English and French is required.
- Substantial management experience and knowledge of project management, private sector development, gender mainstreaming and working in a multi-cultural environment.
- Technical expertise in one or more of the following areas: agriculture, trade, investment promotion, enterprise and agribusiness development, public private partnerships, market linkages, agriculture/rural finance, women?s empowerment
- A demonstrated ability to lead multi-faceted teams and solve problems when needed.
- Excellent communications skills.
Project Overview and Role
- Palladium brings more than 50 years of experience applying rigorous, evidence-led methodologies to international development
- Our work covers health, education, economic growth, governance, environmental issues, informatics, workforce development, and monitoring and evaluation, offering innovative approaches that support the design, planning, implementation, and evaluation of development programs
- Our presence extends across more than 90 countries, creating positive impact over 100 projects through the dedication of 2,000+ project and home office staff.
- Palladium seeks a vibrant and dynamic COP who is passionate about leading a large, exciting USAID/Nigeria Agriculture Competitiveness and West Africa Trade Hub project
- The technical focus will be on: private sector engagement, agriculture, trade and regulatory reform as well as investment promotion and access to finance
- The goals of this project are to develop private sector partnerships with agribusinesses in order transform agriculture value chains in Nigeria and West Africa.
- Provides overall project management, and strategic vision and technical leadership for the program.
- Serves as the public face of the project, representing the project to USAID, and liaising with home office, the Deputy Chief of Party and Technical leads to ensure project deliverables are achieved in a high quality fashion.
- Provides an adaptive management approach, and work with staff, home office and USAID to adjust programmatic approach, staffing and resources if required based on continuous monitoring of the program course.
- Directly supervises Senior Leadership Team members, who oversee and manage major work streams/departments including: value chain development, private sector engagement, enterprise and markets development, agriculture policy reform and general USAID contract management.
Deadline: 30th March, 2018.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online