Synapse Services is a “Center for Psychological Medicine”, that specializes in the provision of psychological and counselling services, Inpatient and Outpatient Mental Health and rehabilitation services.
We retain the services of a robust mixture of local and internationally trained staff that provide excellent, client focused services to treat all forms of disorders related to your mental health.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Clinical Psychologist
Location: Awka, Anambra
Core Job Functions
- Counsel individuals and groups regarding problems such as stress, substance abuse, and family situations, in order to modify behavior and/or to improve personal, social, and vocational adjustment.
- Offering therapy and treatments for difficulties relating to mental health problems such as anxiety, depression, and addiction, social and interpersonal problems.
- Identify psychological, emotional, or behavioral issues, and diagnose disorders, using information obtained from interviews, tests, records, and reference materials.
- Working as part of a multidisciplinary team alongside doctors, nurses, social workers, education professionals, health visitors, psychiatrists and occupational therapists;
- Develop and implement individual treatment plans, specifying type, frequency, Intensity, and duration of therapy.
- Prepare and type a biopsychosocial assessment, psychological case formulation and develop an individualized treatment plan for every patient in therapy.
- Facilitate Diverse Group therapeutic sessions.
- Select, administer, score, and interpret psychological tests in order to obtain information on individuals’ intelligence, achievements, interests, and personalities.
- Utilize a variety of treatment methods such as cognitive behavioral therapy, psychotherapy, behavior modification, stress reduction therapy, psychodrama and play therapy.
- The post holder will also be interviewed to function as a program officer for Reconnect Health Development Initiative Reconnect HDI. More information about Reconnect-HDI can be found on www.reconnecthdi.org
Required Qualification and Experience
- A minimum of a Master degree in Clinical Psychology
- Must have completed NYSC
- Stress tolerance.
- High level of professionalism.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Must have excellent interpersonal skill
- Minimum of 3years internship and/ or paid Clinical experience
- Strong communication.
- Excellent relationship management and business development skills
- Proactive problem-solving approach.
Excellent remuneration packages exist for this role, and will be commensurate with experience.
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the Position & location as Subject of the Email.
Application Deadline 30th March, 2018