SABMiller is in the beer and soft drinks business, bringing refreshment and sociability to millions of people all over the world who enjoy our drinks. We do business in a way that improves livelihoods and helps build communities. We are passionate about brewing and have a long tradition of craftsmanship, making superb beer from high quality natural ingredients.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Procurement Direct Lead
Reference Number: ABI105
Amongst other duties, the job holder will;
- Manage local purchase requisitions according to defined strategies and frameworks
- Facilitate, manage and escalate (where appropriate) queries and issues to appropriate stakeholders and interfaces (global or regional) according to collaboration models.
- Establish local remediation plans to insure VILC and ZBB budget compliance
- Identify and advise customer on possible modification from original requests (e.g. more cost efficient alternatives exists)
- Act as the single point of contact for the Procurement function at a site or country and as a link between the local users and the procurement organisation.
- Coordinate local contract implementation tasks with Category Managers and users and participate in the execution of the contract implementation plan.
- Support strategic sourcing initiatives and upon request by the procurement centre/Category Manager, for the completion of purchase requests the following support activities might be required.
Key competencies and attributes:
- Experience in being part of or managing global or geographically dispersed teams
- Open minded to new solutions and technologies to drive better results to the organization.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to conceptualize business impact focused analytics
- Communicating effectively by conveying information and ideas in English, in a clear, meaningful, and timely manner, providing information to ensure understanding; solicit inputs and provide open candid conversations.
- Developing collaborative relationships for the purpose of accomplishing work objectives; developing relationships with other individuals by listening, sharing ideas, and appreciating others’ efforts.
- Demonstrate strong people skills and ability to coordinate across multiple stakeholders
The occupant of this position should possess:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Engineering and/or commerce or other relevant discipline; or a relevant combination of formal qualifications and additional specialised study; a recognised qualification in procurement would be considered an asset.
- Must have an in-depth knowledge of procurement and relevant management experience with 4-6 years’ experience in the same functional domain or other related positions, preferably working in an international environment.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English;
- PC Skills: proficient with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word as well as other procurement related software.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online