eHealth Africa designs and implements data-driven solutions and technologies to improve health systems for and with local communities. eHA’s technology works in low connectivity settings, and smartly uses data to drive decision-making by local governments and partner agencies to get optimum results.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Associate, Travel
- The Associate, Travel will assist the travel team in the completion of all administrative needs of program travel in eHA. S/he Provides excellent communication, coordination of travel logistics and accurate record keeping and reporting.
- Bachelor degree from college or university with an emphasis in Business Management, Social Sciences or any related field.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment, set priorities, and work both independently and in a team environment.
- Must have a pleasant and courteous disposition.
- Must have good organizational skills.
- Must have a good knowledge about eHA organizational culture, activities and practice.
- Minimum of two years related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Possession of IATA certification in ticketing or tourism and good knowledge of Amadeus software will be an added advantage.
- Experience working in the Travel Industry or Hospitality sector would be an added advantage.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Professional oral and written communication skills; must be able to interact and communicate effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization with tact and diplomacy, and with a high level of cultural sensitivity.
- Ability to work independently and pay great attention to details.
- Ability to motivate others, delegation, and timely/quality decision making.
- Must have the ability to manage conflicts and resolve problems effectively.
- Advanced computer skills, including google sheet, google doc, Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite, (including Excel).
- Proficiency working within specialized software is preferred
- Action oriented and resilient in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Proficiency working within specialized software utilized in program
- Advanced computer skills, including google sheet, google docs, Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can become louder at times due to group discussions or activities.
- eHealth Africa is a tobacco-free environment.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
- The employee is frequently required to sit and use a computer and/or reach with hands and arms.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Participates in and promotes a positive, supportive, cooperative team environment.
- Adheres to Policies and Procedures. Adheres to eHealth Africa Code of Conduct as well as ethical standards of the field.
- Arranges and compiles all travel documentation required for Visa processing.
- Arranges and compiles all work permit for Expatriates working in Nigeria (TWP, STR & TNC Card)
- Coordinates traveler’s domestic and international flight reservations and ticketing with the eHealth Travel Agent.
- Communicates with eHealth Drivers on all incoming/outgoing staff and their transportation needs to and from airports, eHealth offices, and/or hotels.
- Maintains and updates the eHealth travel calendar on a daily basis and ensures accessibility by all concerned individuals
- Supports all aspects of staff and VIP travel, as needed and assigned
- Attends and participates in team meeting, trainings and supervisions. Contributes to the team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Arrange all logistics which involve international and local flights and accommodations (hotel)
- Communicates with eHealth Africa travelers regarding their travel needs (includes eHealth staff as well as eHealth partners and consultants)
- Performs any other duty assigned by Management.
- May frequently travel between company worksites.
- Presents a professional demeanor at all times. Approaches others in a tactful manner. Reacts well under pressure. Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Accepts responsibility for own actions. Follows through on commitments.
- Is consistently at work and on time.