BASF – We are the world’s leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We link and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Manager
Requisition ID: 27502
What You Can Expect
The incumbent will be responsible for active BASF Business Development in North West Nigeria. Core tasks will include:
- Ownership of the business development process for North West Nigeria in liaison with the business units and their local representatives
- Investigating business opportunities with significant scale and synergies to drive growth and leverage current portfolio of products in target markets and applications
- Developing and commercializing existing and new platform opportunities to support market growth.
- Generate market intelligence for relevant industry segments in alignment with the BASF Africa strategy.
- Support lobbying work in the industry and in selected associations and foster suitable partnerships.
- Lead the Business Development team including personnel management and intergration in accordance with the Values&Principles of the BASF group.
- Providing strategy and analysis for entry into new markets, as well as to further market share and growth in existing markets, in close collaboration with the business units.
What We Expect
- The ideal candidate should possess a relevant University qualification in a Technical or Scientific field (Masters Degree or higher preferred). A Post Graduate qualification in Business Management would be a distinct advantage.
- Able to think independently and work with no supervision.
- Able to travel 50% +/- domestically & international trips annually.
- Candidate should have a minimum of 5 years’ experience working in development and utilization within the chemical industry value chains, and be able to demonstrate high flexibility in complex market environments
- High levels of business savvy as well as strong negotiation skills would be added advantage.
- Responsibility from day one in a challenging work environment and on-the-job training as part of a committed team. Competitive compensation including attractive benefits as well as excellent career opportunities in an international company.
- [Not translated in selected language]