ActionAid Nigeria (AAN) is a human rights based organisation that works with poor and excluded communities, promoting their rights and empowering people living in poverty to take necessary action to end poverty. Established in 1999, AAN is an affiliate of ActionAid federation focusing on social justice, gender equality and poverty eradication using the Human Rights Based Approach. This is focused on protecting and fulfilling the human rights of people living in poverty as the best way to eradicate poverty and injustice.
In Nigeria, AAN has worked in over 30 states supporting programme/projects interventions while promoting pro-poor programmes at all levels. By building local organisations, and linking these organisations into networks, platforms, alliances and movements at the local and national levels, AAN helped build a broad movement for change.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consultant – District Health Information System (DHIS)
- ActionAid Nigeria therefore calls on qualified and interested candidates to apply for a consultancy position to Design, Deploy and Implement the use of the District Health Information System (DHIS) for Management Information System for ActionAid Nigeria.
- The overall aim of this assignment is to design a MIS in DHIS 2 for entry, analysis, reporting and performance tracking of ActionAid Nigeria indicators in order to inform decision making for improved programme quality.
- Furthermore, launch the DHIS in the cloud so that all designated users can have real time access for back end manipulation, data entry, analysis and use.
Scope of Work
The work entails:
- Development and Customization of DHIS 2 Software and development DHIS 2 Operating manual.
- Metadata setup and hierarchy design in compliance with ActionAid Nigeria programmes.
- Customize in-built pivot table for immediate data validation at the lowest level.
- Build capacity of database administrator and staff to understand the working concept of ActionAid DHIS 2 (how to update, edit and delete information, add fields and produce new reports as needed).
- Users/user roles and user access setup.
The consultant is expected to deliver on the following:
- ActionAid DHIS system adapted.
- Database underlying forms, sheets and tables developed.
- DHIS tools pre- tested and revised.
- Capacity building: DHIS training conducted for administrator and staff.
- Comprehensive data dictionary developed
- ActionAid Nigeria DHIS system established and functional.
- Development of DHIS operating manual and training / practical manuals
Required Skills and Experience
The successful candidate must possess the following skills and experience;
- At least 7 years working experience in DHIS software development.
- Excellent understanding of web/server based data base design, development and management
- Proven ability to translate technical needs into database specifications and to develop a fully functional and user friendly database application, including appropriate reports and server‐based interaction.
- Knowledge and experience with applications development from generic tools and open meta-data models, also data management software.
- In depth understanding of quantitative and quantitative data collection
- Must have solid experience with Java or have experience as a DHIS-2 developer
- Training skills: the ability to transfer technical knowledge and skills
How To Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their expression of interest and profile to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline 23rd April, 2018.