Topaz Energy and Marine is a leading offshore vessel support company that provides marine logistics solutions to the global energy industry. We operate in the Caspian, Middle East, West Africa and subsea markets with a fleet of over 100 vessels and a team of over 1800 people.
Nigeria- together with our local partners Team Offshore Nigeria Limited, Topaz has been building its presence in Nigeria, where a large part of our West African fleet operates from a base in Onne. Our global experience and systems, combined with local knowledge and expertise are proving integral in supporting national players and major IOCs in developing the country’s natural resources.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Crewing Coordinator
Direct Reporting Line: Fleet Superintendent
- To mobilize sea staff to their assigned vessels in sufficient time for crew changes, ensuring that all necessary travel arrangements and documentation are in order, and that all relevant industry, flag state, and client requirements in respect of crew training, certification, and manning are satisfied at all times.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills
Job Specific skills:
- Working knowledge of STCW regulations and MLC 2006
- Able to multi-task and work well under pressure.
- Team player, capable of effectively engaging with teams and crews of various cultures
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Crew Mobilisation Proactively manage crew rotations on assigned vessels
- Conduct crew inductions and arrange all pre-mobilisation training
- Issue and track crew PPE
- Arrange and coordinate all crew logistics (flights, hotels, agency assistance, visas, vaccinations, etc.) to meet crew change schedules
- Maintain and circulate weekly crew schedule reports, ensuring that any planning issues are highlighted and resolved well in advance
- Ensure that all national and Flag State certification is in place for each assigned crew member in accordance with STCW and MLC regulations
- Regularly liaise with Operations to identify additional client/project/region specific requirements for crew
- Record all crew certification in the crewing software, checking and addressing any compliance issues before every crew change
- Ensure that all sea staff records on the crewing software are correctly maintained and up to date
- Ensure prompt processing of all payroll related information for crew
- Monitor and follow up on performance reports for crew
- Track crew mobilization costs and produce monthly reports